Disc harrows

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Good Works Tractors featured a Dirt Dog disc harrow today. They're made in GA and appear to be decent products. After watching the video I found myself wishing I had a need for one!

I have been to their facility many times. when I hauled for a local tractor place, we were a dirt dog distributor. Good group of people there.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC, MX6000HST (sold), BX25TLB (sold), GL7000
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have been to their facility many times. when I hauled for a local tractor place, we were a dirt dog distributor. Good group of people there.
That's good to hear. Courtney has featured more than a few Dirt Dog products and they appear to be well made and overbuilt. Is that your impression too based on the products you've seen?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
That's good to hear. Courtney has featured more than a few Dirt Dog products and they appear to be well made and overbuilt. Is that your impression too based on the products you've seen?
For what I’ve seen, and remember, yes. Everything was very stout that I hauled from there. Like everything, they have a value line and a more robust line, I think it is more tied to size, rather than how LP does it as a series.

Where I work now has a leveler from them. I just replaced the skids and flipped a cutting edge a few months ago.

I was actually looking at Dirt dog harrows, my local dealer carries them. Wanted to compare, but couldn’t get their website to work or find harrows on it. Even texted my salesman, but he was off and didn’t have specifics in hand.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
For what I’ve seen, and remember, yes. Everything was very stout that I hauled from there. Like everything, they have a value line and a more robust line, I think it is more tied to size, rather than how LP does it as a series.

Where I work now has a leveler from them. I just replaced the skids and flipped a cutting edge a few months ago.

I was actually looking at Dirt dog harrows, my local dealer carries them. Wanted to compare, but couldn’t get their website to work or find harrows on it. Even texted my salesman, but he was off and didn’t have specifics in hand.

Good Works Tractors has Dirt Dog harrows in stock.

Not sure how they compare to EA though.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
I use a set of disc harrows along with a drag harrow. It works well for me over a tiller because we have very rocky soil so I'm not as concerned with broken tiller tines or other issues. In some areas were the ground is a bit harder I find that I have to make more than one pass to get the results I want but overall it works really well.

IMG_6727.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Good Works Tractors has Dirt Dog harrows in stock.

Not sure how they compare to EA though.
All I am seeing is "available for pre-order" on every set in the drop down menu.

That too, and they are more $ than EA, that's why I went looking on their site for specs to compare the two.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
All I am seeing is "available for pre-order" on every set in the drop down menu.

That too, and they are more $ than EA, that's why I went looking on their site for specs to compare the two.
Ooops ... you're right. Sorry about that. If I were in the market for one I'd order from EA too. I like the way the EA model has the crank to adjust the angle of attack. It looks better than Dirt Dog's design. The EA is a heavy model for sure. Looking forward to seeing photos of your harrow in action.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Went to that Fred Cain page, doesn't say how DEEP it'll go, so it'd only work on surface hardpan(6-8" ??). I run a single tooth 'subsoiler' that's goes down about 30". In the wife's garden I could run 2nd gear, high range,easy. In the neighbour's field(30 years notill) 1st gear,LOW range, full throttle and tractor(40HP) NOT really happy.
I'd run subsoiler, plow, discs with harrows, then rototiller for the wife's garden AND add 20-60 yds of compost every year.
I was able to sink the tines all the way with the Fred Cain implement (17”).

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Ooops ... you're right. Sorry about that. If I were in the market for one I'd order from EA too. I like the way the EA model has the crank to adjust the angle of attack. It looks better than Dirt Dog's design. The EA is a heavy model for sure. Looking forward to seeing photos of your harrow in action.
No worries. Like I said I went looking, couldn’t find anything on Dirt dog site, got the old googler out and found GWT. Looked there but didn’t see much info... but do now. The 200-18 would compare to the EA 82” 20 20” it is a bit lighter at 815 vs 1100ish.

Reactions: 1 user