Diesel prices???

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
someone always wins... someone always looses. Thousands of oil workers will lose jobs. Millions of other people will have more money in pockets cause cheaper fuel and thousand other retail businesses will hire cause they can drop product prices. Lower product prices cause shipping cost and cost of manufacture of plastic is down due to oil cost being down.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
someone always wins... someone always looses. Thousands of oil workers will lose jobs. Millions of other people will have more money in pockets cause cheaper fuel and thousand other retail businesses will hire cause they can drop product prices. Lower product prices cause shipping cost and cost of manufacture of plastic is down due to oil cost being down.
My oldest son was one of those thousands .......from the freezing cold making 100K to the "warm" home making 15 an hour......

but gas is 1.56 gal - road diesel is under 2.00......need to go buy so off road here soon - just spilled about a quart on the wood floor.....crap - the smell of diesel, aint nuttin like it!:D

jsutter

Equipment
BX1870
Dec 29, 2015
Southeast Ohio
Fueled up the little gas truck and got 5 gallons of diesel this morning. $1.85 for regular gas and $1.81 for the diesel. I haven't seen road diesel cheaper than gas in some time.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
crude oil dropped 20 cents and gas here went up 5,,:confused:
It is the new math they are teaching the kids today. :p :D

Honestly, I can not help my grandson's with their math homework. They are teaching them something imported from Mars.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes I know, one of the grand daughters was visiting from Miss over the holidays, she had math, and her calculator went crap, I said no worries I got my old slide rule out and we worked them long hand,,,
not they way they are to do them I might add,,
She asked whats that thing I explained what it was how it worked and showed her how to use it,, after we got done,, she said did they really use those things I said yup they put a man on the moon using these things,, She got this funny look on her face and said,,,
unbelievable, thats really unbelievable

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
crude oil dropped 20 cents and gas here went up 5,,:confused:
Crude oil is traded separate on the market from gasoline, propane, natural gas, heating oil/diesel.

While they are all related, one can go up while others go down. So many times gasoline is going down while heating oil up. Or visa versa.

Plus gas stations are far out in their buying. So the prices you are seeing at the stations are from 2-3 weeks ago not today. They all buy in advance.

We are about to drop our off road diesel and heating oil prices to $1.449 tomorrow if no increase. Cheapest we have been since 2001 I think. But still doesnt beat when we were selling for .52 cents a gallon

On road diesel tipping in at $1.85

With iran about to sell us all of their oil - we predict to be hitting the low 1.20's or $1.10's this year for heating oil. Should stick for 1-2 years before going back up. Unless somebody sneezes wrong