Diesel Fuel

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
New to the forum, Just purchased a new BX1880 which will be delivered this week. Is there any difference between off road diesel fuel and regular diesel fuel? Can either be run in a BX ? I purchased 10 gallons of regular diesel fuel. Also ,is it ok to use a stabilizer with diesel fuel? Star Tron, Sta Bil 360 ? I use Marvel Mystery oil in my gas tractor, can that safely be used in a BX diesel? What do you guys recommend?
No. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Obviously, you need to adjust your priorities, and increase your tractor time! :ROFLMAO:
I actually do use my really sweet little 1989 Ford 1920 FEL a bit more often, but with 32HP it burns even less per hour than my L48 TLB.

TheMurf

Equipment
BX1880.with loader and 48 inch deck. 1990 Gravel 12G Riding tractor.
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Well guys I went to the local NAPA dealer. I got a bottle of this recommended stabilizer.. ( below)
I got two new no spill diesel fuel cans which are now filled with fresh diesel fuel. I bought two gallons of Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic, 40 wt oil. Dealer is going to send a guart of Kubota Hydro oil with the machine. I discussed with them about their service and prep of the machine and proper oil levels. They assured me they go through the whole machine before delivery and they will take me through everything when the deliver it. . I am going back to the dealership next week and pick up all the filters and additional hydro and gear oil so l have the stuff on hand for the first service. I have a compressor and two grease guns with Valvoline grease in them for maintenance. I think I am ready.. Hopefully will have the machine before the weekend. Waiting patiently..

Attachments

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well guys I went to the local NAPA dealer. I got a bottle of this recommended stabilizer.. ( below)
I got two new no spill diesel fuel cans which are now filled with fresh diesel fuel. I bought two gallons of Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic, 40 wt oil. Dealer is going to send a guart of Kubota Hydro oil with the machine. I discussed with them about their service and prep of the machine and proper oil levels. They assured me they go through the whole machine before delivery and they will take me through everything when the deliver it. . I am going back to the dealership next week and pick up all the filters and additional hydro and gear oil so l have the stuff on hand for the first service. I have a compressor and two grease guns with Valvoline grease in them for maintenance. I think I am ready.. Hopefully will have the machine before the weekend. Waiting patiently..
Assume you mean either 5W-40 or 15W-40 diesel oil?

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Assume you mean either 5W-40 or 15W-40 diesel oil?
Henri, Yes sir, 15winter 40 weight, full synthetic Shell diesel oil. I do not plan to use the machine in the winter,it will be kept in a heated garage. I have another snow thrower for the winter.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
They assured me they go through the whole machine before delivery and they will take me through everything when the deliver it.
Make sure to check the front axle oil level when you get it. Seems to be the most overlooked item.

Reactions: 1 users

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
It's heavy!
Probably 400 lbs each drum.
Don't come in a Miata. 😂
No worry l plan on a show and tell with the dealer.when the machine arrives. " "Show me how to check the front axle oil." As an example..

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
No worry l plan on a show and tell with the dealer.when the machine arrives. " "Show me how to check the front axle oil." As an example..
Prolly be better off to get one of the service guys to tell you that kind if stuff. Salesman don't seem too swift when it come to maintenance about 90% of the time.

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Prolly be better off to get one of the service guys to tell you that kind if stuff. Salesman don't seem too swift when it come to maintenance about 90% of the time.
Hi Dieseldontato Thanks for your input One of the service technicians is delivering the machine. I fully plan on checking fluid levels,l am a fanatic about proper maintenance of my equipment.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"Salesmen" frequently do not even know the features of the machine they are selling.

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
"Salesmen" frequently do not even know the features of the machine they are selling.
Fried1765, Not to defend the salesman who sold me my BX.,but he has been with this particular dealership for many years. He spent over an hour with me going through the features of the machine including starting, running, features, operation,etc.. l have had experience with salesmen who knew less about the product than l did. That is just not related to tractors either. In this case, the Kubota dealership l bought from, they have been in business for decades, for a good reason. They know their products and stand behind them. One if the reasons l purchased from them.