Diesel Exhaust Fluid???

Krich

Equipment
The kind with big tires on the back
Jan 2, 2023
I'm right here
what assurances are out there that a gov entity wont require destroying or retrofitting non emissions tractors? Could be only a few short years away never know.
If they try that maybe Americans will have a Cliven Bundy like stand off with the feds... nah, Americans just lay down and allow our freedoms to just slip away these days. (Bundy ended up being right and due to government misconduct was never prosecuted for the 2014 stand off)

Used to be home of the brave and land of the free back in the day... not so much anymore. Sad but true. </rant>

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Well this one has sure gone off the rails into crazy train territory...

Reactions: 3 users

Krich

Equipment
Jan 2, 2023
I'm right here
Well we all see erosion of rights we once had, so I'm just stating the very obvious.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Well this one has sure gone off the rails into crazy train territory...
Lemme know if it hades into Swayze train territory. I'll pick up some smokes from Sebastian Bach.

"Swayze Train is coming with us, gentlemen!"
- Jim Lahey, Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Krich

Equipment
Jan 2, 2023
I'm right here
Sebastian Bach... as in the original singer for the metal band Skid Row?

Besides, I was just venting a little and wasn't thinking of opening up some big debate or anything.

It wouldn't do any good anyway, so why bother?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Around 2013 most tractors over 70hp require diesel exhaust fluid.
Well, I've learned that I can get one that does not need DEF and is not a pig.

I don't need extra un-necessary crap on my new-to-me tractor.

All this emissions business is a bunch of BULLoney regardless of what type of vehicle they're wanting to regulate.

In fact, here is some information from 1200 of the world's top scientists who say there is NO climate emergency at all!....

The World Climate Declaration (Link to their PDF doc listing all the folks that signed this)

The declaration was organized by Climate Intelligence, an independent
policy foundation founded in 2019 by Dutch emeritus professor of geophysics
Guus Berkhout and Dutch science journalist Marcel Crok.

👍

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, I've learned that I can get one that does not need DEF and is not a pig.

I don't need extra un-necessary crap on my new-to-me tractor.

All this emissions business is a bunch of BULLoney regardless of what type of vehicle they're wanting to regulate.

In fact, here is some information from 1200 of the world's top scientists who say there is NO climate emergency at all!....

The World Climate Declaration (Link to their PDF doc listing all the folks that signed this)

The declaration was organized by Climate Intelligence, an independent
policy foundation founded in 2019 by Dutch emeritus professor of geophysics
Guus Berkhout and Dutch science journalist Marcel Crok.
👍

Krich

Equipment
Jan 2, 2023
I'm right here
I was replying to the guy that said this:

" Adding some DEF a couple of times a year is a small price to pay to get something that isn't a pig "

There are modern diesel engines that are pretty quiet that don't take DEF

DEF is nothing but distilled Chemtrail fluid.

Yep, that's what I run in my diesel jet!
2thumbs-up.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Everyone, Clean it up and stay on point!

OP, political rants are not allowed to propagate on here!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Shipping a tractor from Texas to Maryland would be pretty pricey!

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Completely aside from the verboten topic, there are good reasons for emissions controls. I grew up in Southern California, and I have seen the very obvious, and huge, difference that emissions controls have made in the quality of the air we breathe. The air there is FAR cleaner than it was 20 or 30 years ago. Visibly and unmistakably cleaner.

I have met two different people who moved to Southern California in the early summer, and went about settling in. Come fall, we usually get the Santanas Winds ("Satan Winds" but almost universally and incorrectly, called, "Santa Ana Winds"), which blow out of the desert and blow all the smog out to sea. They can clean it all out in a matter of hours.

These two different people woke up, did their morning routine, and headed out to go to work, and freaked out. There in front of them, plain as day and only about 10 miles away, were mountains they had never seen, and they didn't know they were there.

Think about that. These are 8-10,00 foot mountains, only 10 miles away from you, and you don't even know they exist because the air is so thick with pollutants you have never seen them.

Or how about going out to the desert when the normal onshore breezes are pushing the smog inland, and once you get a few miles through San Gorgonio Pass you can look back and SEE the brown airstream coming through the pass after you.

That can't happen any more, because the air is far cleaner. Even in the worst dog days of August, you can see those mountains clearly.

Yeah, they've probably gone overboard on some of it, but it's just plain stupid to think it's okay to pollute our environment with diesel and gasoline exhaust, throw our trash in the ocean, and otherwise muck up our planet.

I'm no tree hugger and have no use for them, but this planet was entrusted to us as a stewardship from God, and we will answer to Him for the careless, lazy, and stupid way we have treated it.

Krich

Equipment
Jan 2, 2023
I'm right here
God is more concerned about people living in sin than He is pollution as He never said anything about pollution one way or the other.

So, good luck wit all dat as they say...

Last edited:

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
There has been a slight increase in population in recent years that may account for the necessity of emission control.

1672840085793.png

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
God is more concerned about people living in sin than He is pollution as He never said anything about pollution one way or the other.

So, good luck wit all dat as they say...
Very low world population, very few gasoline engines, very few diesel trucks, the word "pollution" had likely not been created......... BC.;)

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So in reality what is DEF? I have heard everything from refined JP4, to liqued fertlizer, and all kinds of things, so in dumb terms really what is it ?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah, I hear that if you wizzed in to the tank that worked too, and with the meds Im on it wouldnt take long to fill, lol