Did this ever work???

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
B2620 PTO safety switch function ?

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Is it possible to loosen the nut and move the lever UP a few 1/16" ???

OR Is it possible to place a pieces of small pvc pipe or any round object and have it slide OVER that rod?

This will make the OD of the rod bigger and then it can push down harder on the lever.

1619286703600.png

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
Is it possible to loosen the nut and move the lever UP a few 1/16" ???

OR Is it possible to place a pieces of small pvc pipe or any round object and have it slide OVER that rod?

This will make the OD of the rod bigger and then it can push down harder on the lever.

View attachment 58765
I tried placing tubing over it without luck. As you watch the vidi it looks like there is less downward force on the lever then at the resting position. I am temped to put my dial gauge on it to see if I am getting any movement on the switch.
Thanks for helping to problem solve.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Was the parking brake firmly engaged when you get off the seat?

Asking because my B2650 has a parking brake sensor that when engaged allows for off-seat (riderless, seat safety switch open) rear-PTO operation, like while I'm running the wood chipper or post hole digger.

I adjusted the brakes at the last maintenance to the shortest stroke before brake engagement (1.18 inch in the specs) and when the parking brake was locked in, it turns out my park brake sensor switch was not registering it anymore.

So suddenly the engine killed when I stood up when the chipper was running off the pto this spring.

Once I figured it out, I backed the cowl off a bit around the steering column and accessed the sensor adjustor. Mine took several turns downward of the adjusting nuts to make it operate properly - pushed up when park brake engaged, and open as soon as park brake released.

Brake off:
IMG_20210331_112410268_HDR.jpg

Parking brake engaged:

IMG_20210331_112438162.jpg

Hope it helps!

marrmanu

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
usa
Was the parking brake firmly engaged when you get off the seat?

Asking because my B2650 has a parking brake sensor that when engaged allows for off-seat (riderless, seat safety switch open) rear-PTO operation, like while I'm running the wood chipper or post hole digger.

I adjusted the brakes at the last maintenance to the shortest stroke before brake engagement (1.18 inch in the specs) and when the parking brake was locked in, it turns out my park brake sensor switch was not registering it anymore.

So suddenly the engine killed when I stood up when the chipper was running off the pto this spring.

Once I figured it out, I backed the cowl off a bit around the steering column and accessed the sensor adjustor. Mine took several turns downward of the adjusting nuts to make it operate properly - pushed up when park brake engaged, and open as soon as park brake released.

Brake off:
View attachment 58808

Parking brake engaged:

View attachment 58809

Hope it helps!
Parking brake on. I have been using a work around by slipping the wiring harness over the level. That works ok but sometimes I forget to do it.
It just seems as if the seat is just not heavy enough to move the lever.

Thanks for the input,

apatt

Equipment
Kubota L3901, B2620
Mar 15, 2021
NH
I have a B2620 but it has a different undercarriage (the tool box is under the seat), and it uses two kill switch buttons - one for the seat up and one for seat down. When I run the PTO for implements where I am off the tractor, such as a chipper, I start out with seat up. I've never been able to step off and raise the seat fast enough.

marrmanu

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
usa
I have a B2620 but it has a different undercarriage (the tool box is under the seat), and it uses two kill switch buttons - one for the seat up and one for seat down. When I run the PTO for implements where I am off the tractor, such as a chipper, I start out with seat up. I've never been able to step off and raise the seat fast enough.
That's interesting there is a tool box under the seat. Is it a factory original for the B2620 or something added after market?
Two kill switches? Could it be that a second switch was added later when it was realized the single switch configuration did not work? But two switches doesn't sound like it is working either.
If possible a picture would be appreciated.
Thanks for for helping.

apatt

Equipment
Kubota L3901, B2620
Mar 15, 2021
NH
That's interesting there is a tool box under the seat. Is it a factory original for the B2620 or something added after market?
Two kill switches? Could it be that a second switch was added later when it was realized the single switch configuration did not work? But two switches doesn't sound like it is working either.
If possible a picture would be appreciated.
Thanks for for helping.
I just saw your post. Sorry for delay. I can take a picture and post it.

apatt

Equipment
Kubota L3901, B2620
Mar 15, 2021
NH
Here is a photo with the seat up - compressing the up switch. The seat switch for seat down is the compression button in the center of the photo. The seat spring (round rubber) is between the switch and the tool box. So if I remember correctly, I can start the tractor with the seat up to run the PTO. I usually run a chipper or a woodsman's saw off the PTO.

Attachments

marrmanu

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
usa
Thanks for the picture. This is definitely a different seat setup then mine. The tool box looks like the same one that is mounted on my tractors ROP. My seat rotates to face rear for operating the BH65, does or did your B2620 have the backhoe?

apatt

Equipment
Kubota L3901, B2620
Mar 15, 2021
NH
Thanks for the picture. This is definitely a different seat setup then mine. The tool box looks like the same one that is mounted on my tractors ROP. My seat rotates to face rear for operating the BH65, does or did your B2620 have the backhoe?

apatt

Equipment
Kubota L3901, B2620
Mar 15, 2021
NH
No, mine did not come with the backhoe. That must the difference.

marrmanu

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
usa
No, mine did not come with the backhoe. That must the difference.
Thanks for responding. Still got to wonder if the setup on mine ever worked.:unsure:

apatt

Equipment
Kubota L3901, B2620
Mar 15, 2021
NH
Thanks for responding. Still got to wonder if the setup on mine ever worked.:unsure:
I went out and double checked and I can start my 2620 with the seat up, standing next to the tractor.
So I was right that when I work with the woodsman saw or the chipper that I can start it while off the tractor. In your case, if you can't start it with the seat up, you could look at what NBryan was saying and see if there is a way to rig it to push the lever down when the seat is up. It should start if the safety is disengaged.

marrmanu

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
usa
I went out and double checked and I can start my 2620 with the seat up, standing next to the tractor.
So I was right that when I work with the woodsman saw or the chipper that I can start it while off the tractor. In your case, if you can't start it with the seat up, you could look at what NBryan was saying and see if there is a way to rig it to push the lever down when the seat is up. It should start if the safety is disengaged.
What I do is loop the the wiring harness over the lever when I need to use the pto while off the tractor. This works just fine. It seems even if I could adjust the lever the seat just is not heavy enough to cause any downward movement on the switch. I need to take a measurement with the seat in both positions to see if it is actually changing positions.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Ok. I'm having the same issue on my new B2601 with pivot seat and backhoe. Rear Pto quits when not in the seat.
Im starting to think there is an issue at Kubotas end with improper seat safety switches and wiring.
Mine is exactly the same as the first post video. I feel there is nothing wrong with the switch and it is working as its supposed to. If you get off or fall of the machine it kills the engine.
The problem is there is no second switch, as posted in the picture, that would activate when the seat is flipped up. This second switch appears to over ride the first switch and allow the engine to remain running.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
On second thought..

Maybe it's the park brake switch. Because you wouldn't use the park brake for mid pto. I will have a peak at the park brake switch this morning and let you know. This doesn't explain why the manual states to flip the seat forward tho. Thanks to Bryan for his post☺

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
I'm seeing in my owners manual that if you want to use the 540 PTO out of the saddle you need to swivel the seat into back hoe mode. That depresses the operator presence switch without the use of your tuchus.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Thanks but it seems the B2601 is different. Will not work with seat rotated to bh position.
I checked for a park brake switch as Bryan posted. Mine doesn't have that or a place for one. In fact I can't find any switch on any of the brake linkage or mechanism. My dealer is working on a solution

marrmanu

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
usa
I finally did a measurement of how much movement I am getting out of the seat from unloaded (no butt in the saddle) to seat tipped forward as described in the manual. Basically no difference maybe 1/16 of an inch.
As a safety switch it would work just fine. But as for pto operation off the tractor its a bust.
Am I missing something or
DID THIS EVER WORK????