Did I do ok ?

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
Hi Y'all

First time posting.

I recently purchased a 2017 Kubota B2601 with 85 hours on it. Garage kept, Looks brand new. I questioned the dealer why he got rid of it. Said he wanted a bigger one and that he hardly used it. I asked to speak to the mechanic and he said the same thing. Kinda laughed and said the guy is never happy, that gave me the impression he has done this before.
Tires are R14. The QD Bucket appears to not have been used if so very little. Had a back hoe on it but owner took it off because it fit the new tractor he bought. He left the brackets on. The hydraulic hoses were left also. If you place it to a new one ther appears very little difference in looks. The only thing I was a bit concerned about was how old the battery was. No date on it so not sure and neither was the dealer how old it was. Paid 18 for it with tax. Did I do ok or get ripped ?

Reactions: 1 user

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
That is probably a question you should have asked before pulling the trigger.
As long as you are happy with your new tractor, the rest doesn't matter at this point anymore.

Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day, congratulations and welcome..

I think a B is a great machine (I am biased😉)

That being said if you are asking the site to second guess what you already did/paid, after the fact…there are some very talented members that can help you do just that…Honestly, I would not poke that bear though. YMMV.

Congrats on the new purchase and joining the forum. Share some pics. 🥃

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
Thanks for both of you for your thoughts. You are both right and thank you. I have been looking at different tractors for some time now and there was always something I didn't like about them however when I looked at this one I found everyting I wanted. Low hours, well kept, QD bucket, so because of that I decided to purchase it. Tractor prices seemed to go up or down depending on condition , hours, etc just like a car I guess. I was willing to purchae this because of those reasons. I guess I shouldn't have asked the last question...did I get ripped. I know everyone wants to make a good deal and believe that they did so.
I guess I was just thinking out loud so to speak and wondering if I did ok that's all. I would not be mad or upset at all if someone here said yea you messed up. We all make mistakes at one time or another. I have made plenty in my life and as the old saying is....You live and learn.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi Y'all

First time posting.

I recently purchased a 2017 Kubota B2601 with 85 hours on it. Garage kept, Looks brand new. I questioned the dealer why he got rid of it. Said he wanted a bigger one and that he hardly used it. I asked to speak to the mechanic and he said the same thing. Kinda laughed and said the guy is never happy, that gave me the impression he has done this before.
Tires are R14. The QD Bucket appears to not have been used if so very little. Had a back hoe on it but owner took it off because it fit the new tractor he bought. He left the brackets on. The hydraulic hoses were left also. If you place it to a new one ther appears very little difference in looks. The only thing I was a bit concerned about was how old the battery was. No date on it so not sure and neither was the dealer how old it was. Paid 18 for it with tax. Did I do ok or get ripped ?
You did fine price wise.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think you did really well. Those who can't see it probably haven't kept up with prices.

Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
You'll love it.

I think for the price you did very good. 85 hrs!! It's not even broken in yet.

But it would have been Excellent if the BH was still on it. But it sounds like you got the frame and hydraulics for the BH !! Big PLUS!

Enjoy it. Never look back. It's an awesome machine.

Even though I'm just a hack here on OTT, I welcome you here.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I think you did really well. Those who can't see it probably haven't kept up with prices.
I agree. That's a great price for that model in that condition and with such low hours. The local dealer has a lot of inventory now, and when you consider that a BX2380 with loader and bucket is $18,735, a B2601 is a fair bit more for a very similar cost.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Key is, did you feel you did well? That is the only metric in used stuff.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I bought an Alfa in Australia one time. And then, for whatever reason, e-mailed some other dealers to see if I could get a better price. No idea why I thought that was wise. Once you've spent the money, I wouldn't go asking whether it was a good deal. Having said that, it does sound like a fine deal.

My recollection is that the main change on the B around that time was moving from a generator to an alternator. The NZ spec model (which is a Japanese made machine) still has the generator, and I bought an upgrade kit to the alternator from Messicks, as I was running my battery flat sometimes, and I run the machine at idle or low revs a lot. If you're doing low rev work, and running an electric implement (in my case, an electric spray unit), worth the upgrade.

Weird to leave the backhoe brackets on. I wonder if you can buy a new backhoe without brackets. No doubt that's not much cheaper than the full setup.

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
Hi. Thanks for your thoughts. I already checked and you can buy just the BH.

I could definitely use one snd it would be used a good bit but the $$ is the problem as with everything. Wants vs needs. I didn’t “really” need a tractor but it definitely makes life more simple.
Im just thankful that I could at least afford this machine.
Have a great day !

I bought an Alfa in Australia one time. And then, for whatever reason, e-mailed some other dealers to see if I could get a better price. No idea why I thought that was wise. Once you've spent the money, I wouldn't go asking whether it was a good deal. Having said that, it does sound like a fine deal.

My recollection is that the main change on the B around that time was moving from a generator to an alternator. The NZ spec model (which is a Japanese made machine) still has the generator, and I bought an upgrade kit to the alternator from Messicks, as I was running my battery flat sometimes, and I run the machine at idle or low revs a lot. If you're doing low rev work, and running an electric implement (in my case, an electric spray unit), worth the upgrade.

Weird to leave the backhoe brackets on. I wonder if you can buy a new backhoe without brackets. No doubt that's not much cheaper than the full setup.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You paid too much for the tractor, however, I bail you out and give you a $100 profit just so you will feel better in the morning after. I know that there is a morning-after birth control pill, but no such thing exists for tractor purchases, so that is what the extra $100 is for.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
the year 2017....

I bought a new BX23s with 60" MMM and backhoe thumb for 21k out the door.

But since then,,, a comparable 23s is about 30k

so I've heard.....

anyway... I think you did ok.

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
You paid too much for the tractor, however, I bail you out and give you a $100 profit just so you will feel better in the morning after. I know that there is a morning-after birth control pill, but no such thing exists for tractor purchases, so that is what the extra $100 is for.
Ok.send.me.the $100.00😁

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I'll hand it to you in person when I arrive with my trailer to pick up my new tractor. Please make sure that the diesel tank is full and check the tire pressures.