Determining a tractor's age

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I have a copy of the original bill of sale on my L245F, it gives the month and year it was imported - April, 1977. I have it because my Dad tracked it down through the selling dealer that happened to still be around. He was able to do that because Kubota corp keeps records of all units sold. So the key is to get friendly with someone inside Kubota Service.

It's interesting to know, but what matters more is the life the equipment had since then. Mine was sold new to a concrete plant in Florida. Where it worked for 32 years. It had sand everywhere it should never have sand.
Hello SonofOrange,

I would guess that the most common need to determine a tractors age (other than your own curiosity ) is to confirm what you are being told by someone selling a used machine. I have found that it you ask Kubota politely, they will provide the information quickly.

It is interesting to me that now that they are using a 17 digit "vin", they are keeping the "code" dealer only.

SonofOrange

Equipment
L245F with 1200 loader, T1870, AT70, GL-5500(S)
Sep 1, 2021
Monroe, GA
Yep, and I know that the serial is often the first thing Kubota corp asks for. They keep track of all of the equipment that is reported to them as stolen. If your dealer calls in for support on a stolen unit, Kubota will assist local law enforcement. I've heard stories of the owner being told service was done, come pick up your tractor. Only to have the deputies waiting in the service bay.

Which is another reason to have a used unit checked out by a dealer before purchasing it.

Reactions: 1 user

revever49

Equipment
Kubota RTV 500
May 2, 2023
Mississippi
Would I be out of line here to ask this?
I have a Kubota RTV500 serial No: 27935, Product Id#; A5KA1CGAJBG027935
Engine: GZ460F-E3-UV Code No: EG673-00000 Serial #: BE0536
Can anyone help me determine the age and any other important info?

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Would I be out of line here to ask this?
I have a Kubota RTV500 serial No: 27935, Product Id#; A5KA1CGAJBG027935
Engine: GZ460F-E3-UV Code No: EG673-00000 Serial #: BE0536
Can anyone help me determine the age and any other important info?
Hello Revever49,

It is not "out of line" to ask as far as I am concerned. I think that the best option for you is to send your information to Kubota customer service, and ask them the question. You will find the link above.
Good luck with it.

Bob

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
I could not find the serial number B7001-55220 associated with any year of production of Kubota B7100D's. So I contacted Kubota Customer Care and they replied that my Kubota B7100D with serial number B7001-55220 was built in 1979.
I am wondering if someone could help me determine the age of my tractor :) it is a zennoh or b7001 model. Its number is B7001-44430 or b7001-44280 The 3 and 8 is not a clear.

When I used the tractor data website to search for the B7001 it showed up as 1976-1979... but it has a confusing picture of a b7000.

When i used the link attached by wolfman it shows 1976 to 1985

Can I safely assume that the models produced between 1979 and 1985 were mostly hydrostatic?

I need to clarify its age for registration purposes... :(

Regards.
Joseph Said.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I called my local dealer and gave him the serial no. He offered the name/contact info of the original selling-dealer…who in-turn told me Who they sold it to, What day they sold it, What services they did to it subsequently, and even mailed me copies of the Service Invoice (with the financial data of the owner redacted.)
This told me that it was returned for the 50 hr svc and subsequent services. very helpful

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am wondering if someone could help me determine the age of my tractor :) it is a zennoh or b7001 model. Its number is B7001-44430 or b7001-44280 The 3 and 8 is not a clear.

When I used the tractor data website to search for the B7001 it showed up as 1976-1979... but it has a confusing picture of a b7000.

When i used the link attached by wolfman it shows 1976 to 1985

Can I safely assume that the models produced between 1979 and 1985 were mostly hydrostatic?

I need to clarify its age for registration purposes... :(

Regards.
Joseph Said.
The B7001 was made between the years of 1976 and 1979.
There will be no easy way for you to be able to determine the exact age as the age of a tractor is based on sale date and there are no records of Grey market sale dates.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
I often read posts asking for a way to determine a Kubota tractor's age. There is no easy way to do that. Even the term "age" has more than one meaning where tractors are concerned. You can refer to websites like TractorData.com and perhaps get the years the Kubota model was produced, but that is about it. Following is some information that may be helpful if you want to pin down a particular tractor's dates.

A tractor is traditionally "aged" by the date the original dealer sold it.

Kubota tractor serial numbers have been sequential, showing the model number and a manufacturing sequence. They have not contained a code to determine age.

A polite e-mail to Kubota customer service giving them the model and serial number will usually get a reply with the tractor's year of manufacture, date of first sale and the original selling dealer's name.

A cooperative dealer can also get the information for you.

Reference to tractors for sale sites that give serial numbers and "claimed" age are useful in determined a tractor's "not older than and not newer than" age. This may be be all you want when looking at a used tractor.

Kubota engine serial numbers do have a code that indicates the date of production. Determining the engine's production date at least gives you a "built after date" for the tractor. Please refer to the attached information. The portion of the chart that covers tractors older than 2010 was omitted. The chart in its entirety can be obtained from Kubota, or by following the link below.

6-22-21 I recently learned that Kubota may be introducing an ISO compliant seventeen digit Equipment identification number. If that is the case, you will be able to decipher the VIN if you know Kubota's code. I do know that the first three digits will be the World Manufacture Code, and the last five will still be the manufacturing sequence. When Kubota institutes that, the vin will tell you the production date, but .........you will still need the code, and as I understand it, it will not be made public (dealers only). Here is the sequence.

1st, 2nd, & 3rd digit - World Manufacturer's code
4th digit - product line
5th digit - Series
6th digit - Horse Power
7th digit - Traction & Transmission
8th digit - Cab/ROPS
9th digit - check letter
10th digit - manufacture year (M = 2021)
11th digit - manufacturing factory
12th digit - manufacture month
13th-17th digits - Sequential number of manufacture

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user