Delivery Day!!!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
You'll love that grapple. It isn't something you need everyday (unless doing a lot of clearing and land improvement) but when you need it, YOU NEED IT.

So handy.

Congratulations.

Reactions: 2 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Why do they suck?
The extendable links from kubota give you some added flexibility to misalignment, but only about 2"-3". They do not help if the attachment is not level. Also, sometimes they 'stick', so when you back up to 'lock them in', they won't retract, and you have to muscle the attachment around to get them to. Result: you are still fussing with pins, general alignment and shoving attachments around.

I was very stubborn, didn't want to spend the $500, 'didn't mind' fighting with attachments. I admit I'm a slow learner, there is a reason why people with QH rave about them... When I got the QH I was like, wow, I'm an idiot for waiting so long. All that cursing, and shoving was such a waste of energy. Now, not getting off the machine to change attachments entirely changes your work flow, you won't give attachment changes a second thought.

Reactions: 3 users

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
The extendable links from kubota give you some added flexibility to misalignment, but only about 2"-3". They do not help if the attachment is not level. Also, sometimes they 'stick', so when you back up to 'lock them in', they won't retract, and you have to muscle the attachment around to get them to. Result: you are still fussing with pins, general alignment and shoving attachments around.

I was very stubborn, didn't want to spend the $500, 'didn't mind' fighting with attachments. I admit I'm a slow learner, there is a reason why people with QH rave about them... When I got the QH I was like, wow, I'm an idiot for waiting so long. All that cursing, and shoving was such a waste of energy. Now, not getting off the machine to change attachments entirely changes your work flow, you won't give attachment changes a second thought.
Isn't that a bitch when you finally spend the money and realize that it actually was worth every penny? When I got my tractor a few months ago, I was going to hold off on getting the quick coupler for the backhoe. But I had a feeling, so I went ahead and ordered it. First day using the backhoe and I was so glad I did. Now, I've just ordered the 3 pt hitch kit, and I'm already thinking of ordering the telescoping stabilizer bars, and I don't even have my first implement yet. Something about those turn-buckles makes me think "yeah ... no". On the other hand, I'm not going to rush out and buy the quick hitch or Pats system ... for that I need to have experienced a little pain first and gained some experience.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I was at 20 hours before going wide open with the LX3310 just for the simple fact I wasn't using the pto. I think the LX2610 had a whopping .03 on it when I started mowing grass at high rpm😆

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Not trying to start an argument but if the attachment isn’t level the quick hitch has problems too since the top hook is fixed…with just the standard hitch with telescope arms there is some forgiveness at all three links. With my QH20 it can grab two of the three if it’s not level…doesn’t matter if the implement is tilted, it will grab two however as you lift the implement you can’t get the 3rd hook in…at least I have not figured it out. In those cases I rather just have my standard hitch. Seems like the top link is the least forgiving for me. I store my stuff on concrete as much as possible and the QH is really handy as I switch stuff out multiple times in a day when I am at place up north. I’ve not tried pats but I could see it would offer someorgiveness as the top link would be the standard one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
my stuff isnt stored on a flat surface, dont have that luxury here, it is tossed about on uneven forest floor, at best, some attachments are on a stone pad. The QH is a lot more forgiving to uneven ground, than squatting down next to the hitch and trying to jam pins in. Also if you have rear T&T then things can be really eschew and you can still grab it without getting off.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I don’t have TNT. (Yet 😉). But I could see they would be useful too. Honestly I think implements that have the clevis style pin (slide in/out) make it a lot easier than a fixed pin on a standard hitch.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
my stuff isnt stored on a flat surface, dont have that luxury here, it is tossed about on uneven forest floor, at best, some attachments are on a stone pad. The QH is a lot more forgiving to uneven ground, than squatting down next to the hitch and trying to jam pins in. Also if you have rear T&T then things can be really eschew and you can still grab it without getting off.
I have a QH10 on the MX and QH15 on the M with top-n-tilt on both (well, the M will have shortly). I wouldn't want to be without both a QH and top-n-tilt on any tractor, unless it's set up for one implement only which mine never are.

Admittedly I can't run the Del Morino offset/hydraulic flail with a QH but it's not hard to get hooked up to that implement if I store it on fairly level ground. It has two kick stands that help with adjusting but it would be easier if it were QH compatible.

Reactions: 2 users

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
You'll love that grapple. It isn't something you need everyday (unless doing a lot of clearing and land improvement) but when you need it, YOU NEED IT.

So handy.

Congratulations.
I see myself having the grapple or pallet forks on more then the bucket. The grapple was the one for sure thing I was getting no matter what. (y)

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I don’t have any issues with the extendable links, and I run category 2 implements.

Reactions: 1 users