Delivery Day!!!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Congratulations on the tractor and assortment of implements.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I didn't know i was even getting the adjustable draft links until I went for the walk around. Anyone know with the links, can you operate implements in the "out" or "in" position or are you supposed to get the implement hooked up and get them back to the in position before dropping the adjustment pins in? Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks.
You don't have to release them unless you need to extend the link to line up with the pin. Can do one, both or neither. If you release them when connected and have the top link connected, if you put the implement on the ground and slowly back up it will latch. If you don't consciously get it locked to the short position it's not critical because when using the implement it will eventually get moved in a position to lock itself.

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
You don't have to release them unless you need to extend the link to line up with the pin. Can do one, both or neither. If you release them when connected and have the top link connected, if you put the implement on the ground and slowly back up it will latch. If you don't consciously get it locked to the short position it's not critical because when using the implement it will eventually get moved in a position to lock itself.
Thank you. I will try that next time I hook up.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I'd recommend looking at Pat's lift arm ends and longer top link instead of a QH: no vertical bars of the QH in the way of getting at the PTO. Sounds as though your extendable arms are working okay if you got the RC on fairly easily.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I remember when I was this stubborn... until one day in August, I needed 3 different attachments inside 4 hours, I bought my QH the following day. :ROFLMAO: we kid flyguy! enjoy your new set up
I need to read your detailed write up on the changes you made to your quick hitch. I am 100% sure that mine slows me down. I had to take a grinder to it just to get it to fit my RFM. It has been a pita. I have the Speeco.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
You can put my vote in for the QH. The only thing is with QH, your implements need to be QH compatible otherwise it can be a pain.

Reactions: 2 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I'd recommend looking at Pat's lift arm ends and longer top link instead of a QH: no vertical bars of the QH in the way of getting at the PTO. Sounds as though your extendable arms are working okay if you got the RC on fairly easily.
Pats is a half solution. You mess with the top link geometry, still have to deal with top link connection, still have to fuss with lower bar spacing... Still getting on & off to hook anything up. With a QH, you don't even have to get off to hook up / drop or swap attachments (without PTO), and if it's got a PTO, it takes 10 seconds to hook it up. Pats is a half ass solution.

You can't do this with PATS!!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Looks like a large piece of land. The tractor will come in handy collecting firewood if there is a need. I move a surprisingly large amount of wood around here in my suburban setting. I love my B2601. Got it almost exactly 1 year ago. Just completed the 50 hr service. I think I will go prep the fire pit now for this evening come to think of it. Congratulations !

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
That's a good point about the pto. I'll keep that in mind. The pats seems like a good system. I haven't hooked the rc up yet. Just disconnected so we will see how it goes.

Reactions: 1 user

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
You can put my vote in for the QH. The only thing is with QH, your implements need to be QH compatible otherwise it can be a pain.
The 2 new attachments i got are marked as compatible. I do have an old rear blade I need to measure though. I think its an old king kutter.

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
Looks like a large piece of land. The tractor will come in handy collecting firewood if there is a need. I move a surprisingly large amount of wood around here in my suburban setting. I love my B2601. Got it almost exactly 1 year ago. Just completed the 50 hr service. I think I will go prep the fire pit now for this evening come to think of it. Congratulations !
I gave the manual a once over and noticed it said not to run the engine at full throttle until the first 50 hours!!! So my understanding is that I wouldn't be able to run my RC for a year as to hit 540 I need to be pretty much full throttle. I'm assuming no one does this? Waits for 50 hours that is? We have lots of trees i need to move for firewood. I guessing the grapple will be on more then the bucket.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
If it's gonna blow up, it's gonna blow up. Go use it how you need to use it.

• Love
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
To the down vote person. Just an FYI that statement is a cover your butt stamment. The rings don't need 50 hrs to seat, they need minutes. The cam needs all of 20 minutes if that. Major failure shows up pretty quick 99% of the time. The worst thing you can do to any diesel powered equipment is light load it. It doesn't do the engine any favors. I'll quite assure you I never went easy when an engine was on a dyno, an I surly wouldn't tell someone to baby it because something might happen to it. Thats why there's warranty. Telling someone they can't use there dozer, crusher or what ever else they just dropped 30k ok for an engine rebuild is just as unfair ad telling someone not to use their tractor as a tractor till it hits some magical hours on it.
To the op, enjoy your tractor and use it.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I gave the manual a once over and noticed it said not to run the engine at full throttle until the first 50 hours!!! So my understanding is that I wouldn't be able to run my RC for a year as to hit 540 I need to be pretty much full throttle. I'm assuming no one does this? Waits for 50 hours that is? We have lots of trees i need to move for firewood. I guessing the grapple will be on more then the bucket.
Just don't max it, or run steady RPM for long periods initally. I got into the habit of bumping it up or down a bit during this time. As per above, you can definitely use it as it was intended, just not like a rented mule...! 🐎

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
6’ digging bar helps a lot. They make great levers.

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
To the down vote person. Just an FYI that statement is a cover your butt stamment. The rings don't need 50 hrs to seat, they need minutes. The cam needs all of 20 minutes if that. Major failure shows up pretty quick 99% of the time. The worst thing you can do to any diesel powered equipment is light load it. It doesn't do the engine any favors. I'll quite assure you I never went easy when an engine was on a dyno, an I surly wouldn't tell someone to baby it because something might happen to it. Thats why there's warranty. Telling someone they can't use there dozer, crusher or what ever else they just dropped 30k ok for an engine rebuild is just as unfair ad telling someone not to use their tractor as a tractor till it hits some magical hours on it.
I have no idea how long its gonna take me to get to 50 hours but I imagine it would take awhile. I have a bunch of other projects just moving trees etc. Ill do those first and get some time before I hook up the cutter. I appreciate your response. I also read in the manual it says the tire ballast needs to be removed before I use the loader? That's why I got the damn things filled in the first place. I've read other posts about removing for the backhoe but mine also says the when using the loader. Seems weird.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
down vote guy was @ejb11235
totally agree @Dieseldonato
it's a tractor meant to work, put it to work.

I'm on my second new machine in 2 years, and neither have burned a drop of oil or shown any issues.

Kubota puts that same "disclosure" on machines with emissions engines, and if you followed it, you'd never be able to complete a regeneration :ROFLMAO:

Another example. My brother and I bought identical trucks on the same day 2 years ago. The very next day he towed 15,000 pounds 1000 miles up into green mountains. I'm like "dude, you know it says in the book we aren't supposed to tow for 500 miles right?" him: No? all well 😁 ... both vehicles are totally fine.

My B2601 had 2 hours on it when I dug out this driveway extension for a friends place

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Pats is a half solution. You mess with the top link geometry, still have to deal with top link connection, still have to fuss with lower bar spacing... Still getting on & off to hook anything up. With a QH, you don't even have to get off to hook up / drop or swap attachments (without PTO), and if it's got a PTO, it takes 10 seconds to hook it up. Pats is a half ass solution.

You can't do this with PATS!!! :ROFLMAO:
I have extendable arms on my tractor and have no need for a quick hitch. The moveable arms makes attachment easy and there’s nothing extra getting in the way.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have extendable lower arms too, they suck

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Some of those things in the manual you'll need go take with a grain of salt. The tire ballast adds stability to the machine and greatly helps with traction. It's also not a "hung" weight as the axle isn't really carrying it, so I have no idea why you would have to remove it for any operation.