Decided on L3800

twinnine

Feb 9, 2011
Searsmont, ME
well, finally decided on the L3800 and got a few quotes from dealers around. For a L3800 4wd, HST with foldable ROPS, R4 tires, LA524 loader with 60" bucket, BH77 backhoe was about 28k. Seems like New England has a tad higher pricing anyways, but I figured pricing would be a greater discount from Kubota website than that. Do dealers usually provide a lot of room for dickering? Kubota just upped their financing offer to 60 months 0% for most models so that helps over the 48 months but I'd still like to get the best deal I can.

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
I got a price on an identical unit - without the backhoe for about $ 20k. L3800, 4wd, HST, Cruise, Drawbar, R4 tires, 524 FEL with quick attach.

Speaking of quick attach - I would DEFINITELY consider getting the quick attach mechanism for your bucket. It gives you LOTS of flexibility "down the road". The quick attach is about a $500 option.

Also be sure and get the rear tires loaded with RimGuard.

Last edited:

shgdds

Equipment
L3800 w/LA524 loader/LP Box drag
Feb 5, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi,

Congratulations on your new L3800! I just got one recently too with the the larger 66" quick coupler bucket and so far I love it.

I want to get some pallet forks ASAP and was wondering what brand and size you purchased. The price are all over the place online and I'm not sure what to look for (quality) in forks.

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

shgdds

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Great tractor! Congrats!

I bought one last month with 14 hours on it for 16k...Love it! :D

Wish mine had the quick attach bucket. Need to look into that and see if I can change to one, or fab something. Larger bucket would be nice also.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Congrats on the L3800, I think you'll like it. I just did the 50 hour service on mine. Got the quick attach bucket, 62" snow plow, box scraper, drawbar and snow blower. I didn't fill the rear tires yet but added spacers and chains. At this point I don't know how I ever did without it.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I spent a good bit of time on the 3800 yesterday, I reclaimed a field that we let grow up over the years. And did a bit of FEL work to divert a small creek. This tractor impresses me.

I first thought I should have got a larger one. Our old 3750 is much larger and 1200 lbs heavier, but I'm liking the smaller 3800 better. Just more nimble and handy. The only thing I'd like more, is a slightly larger bucket and that can be fixed.

Really a very good tractor! Oh and I got a 5' Land Pride mower with the deal I mentioned above. :D

ColdRider

Equipment
L3800 Hst,QA fel, B7200Hst,(sold) tiller, bushhog, finish mower, snow plow blade
Jan 23, 2011
Northern Maine
Congrats!

I know I really like mine. I would recommend loading the rear tires. It made a world of difference in stability. Of course, I don't have a BH, yet..... I do have a weight drum on the 3pth (9- 80 lb. bags of cement).

Your price was close to what I paid and yes, they're a bit more up heah. Stilla wicked good tractor!!

Whitesails

Equipment
Kubota L3800 Front Loader LA524
Jan 19, 2012
Terrace BC Canada
Congrats on your new L3800. We have had one since October and it has worked out very well. Unlike many areas across North America, here in North Western British Columbia we have had a great deal of snow and having the L3800 worked out great. We have fluid in the rear tires which made a big difference. On one of his Orange Tractor Videos Service Department Vic suggests chains. I will look into getting chains for next winter.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Congrats on your new L3800. We have had one since October and it has worked out very well. Unlike many areas across North America, here in North Western British Columbia we have had a great deal of snow and having the L3800 worked out great. We have fluid in the rear tires which made a big difference. On one of his Orange Tractor Videos Service Department Vic suggests chains. I will look into getting chains for next winter.
I don't have my tires loaded...the dealer warned me against it ....said it is hard on the tire if your in the woods getting fire wood which I do. I do have chains which are great but man if you don't have weight on the rear they sure bounce the tractor a lot...hard on the body. As for the L3800, I couldn't be happier. Even with the chains when you get wet heavy snow a snow blower is the answer.

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
Congrats on your new L3800. I've had mine since June and it has nearly 80 hrs on it. Not a lick of problems and it has done EVERYTHING I wanted it to do. It has moved heavy wet deep snow with no effort at all. The main thing about the HST is DO NOT LET IT LUG DOWN. Keep the RPM's up to about 2000 or above when working it. Always use Low gear if possible Listen to the engine - if its whining too much - increase the RPMs a bit. Also in cold weather be sure and let it warm up really good. I normally start mine then go back in the house for another cup of coffee and let it warm up throughly. When you're done working it - let it idle a bit and cool down before shutting it off.

Feel free to contact me with a private message or email if you have any specific questions....

Good Luck and welcome to the K club.