Dealer today....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Stopped in at my dealer today to make a payment on my open account and was chatting with Keith, the owner..

We were talking about the coming Tier 5 mandate (don't know the implementation date) but Keith told me the rumor is all tractors will have DPF and common rail no matter what the horsepower rating is and everything over 25 horse will have not only DPF but SCR as well. He's also a Cub Cadet dealer and told me that Cub is phasing in catalytic converters on all their 4 stroke engines.

How nice.

I know my GS850 Sidekick has a cat in it. I can smell it...lol

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Ugh. Well, can't decide if I'm glad I got in before the new mandate or not. If the B2650 had a DPF, I might have gone bigger. No complaints, though. I'm happy with what I've got.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I think the value of my 2017 BX23S on the used market just went up?:D

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Good time for further development of aftermarket tunes and CAT/DPF delete pipes that can be swapped back and forth and tune changed back and forth when under warranty!

Last edited:

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Stopped in at my dealer today to make a payment on my open account and was chatting with Keith, the owner..

We were talking about the coming Tier 5 mandate (don't know the implementation date) but Keith told me the rumor is all tractors will have DPF and common rail no matter what the horsepower rating is and everything over 25 horse will have not only DPF but SCR as well. He's also a Cub Cadet dealer and told me that Cub is phasing in catalytic converters on all their 4 stroke engines.

How nice.

I'm sure they will be more efficient that way. On the plus side, weight is a tractor's friend right?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
and meanwhile in China, India & Indonesia

Add India as well....lol

Excuse me, I see you did. Little known fact is, we sell high sulfur coal to China all the time. There is a huge open pit mine near Healy, Alaska and their entire output goes to China, every day. They actually built a rail line from Healy to the coast (Trans Alaska railroad) that hauls coal trains. I think (not sure) that some of it also goes to India.

Goggle up Healy, Alaska and have a look. Quite interesting.

The mine is actually next to (but not in sight, naturally) of the Denali National Park. The entrance to Denali is north of Healy, the mine is to the north east of Healy.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Good time for further development of aftermarket tunes and CAT/DPF delete pipes that can be swapped back and forth and tune changed back and forth when you want to VOID the warranty!
Fixed it for you. If you think for a second that altering the factory hardware and software will maintain a factory warranty, you live in a fantasy world. never happen. We chatted about that as well. Keith told me that Kubota will immediately decline and warranty repairs on any unit where the emissions controls have been tampered with, no exceptions.

They have one in the shop right now, where the owner attempted to bypass the controls and cooked his DPF cartridge. He's eating the cost of the cartridge. Kubota went halfway on the shop labor because it's a new unit but thats it.

He told me, first thing they do is plug in the Diagmaster and download the codes before anything else. Of course neither he or his techs aren't thrilled but it's Federal law and Kubota policy. Why would he risk his franchise and business, attempting to circumvent the law. Not gonna happen there or at any authorized dealer.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Yup send our dirty deeds elsewhere and everything will be okay here in the USA!
I resent that comment... and I'm NOT leaving ;)

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
“We have met the enemy... And he is US!” - Pogo

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
“We have met the enemy... And he is US!” - Pogo
Well the 'enemy' is the college trained, book smart but practical dorks that write the mandates but have no real world experience about how they get implemented and how the end user has to deal with them.

Kind of like OSHA, the EPA is chock full of them.

In the meantime, I'll keep smoking my way along......:)

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada

How nice.

Well when that happens you can be sure I will buy one more new B2601/2650/L2501 with no emission system, and the rest of my needs will be taken care of as they are now with my bigger antique tractors from the 1950's and 60's.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Are you saying even a BX will have a DPF?

When is Trier 5 compliance required?

I might have to go out and get a B2650 or a Bx23s and store it, even though I have no use for either, just in case I needed it in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Are you saying even a BX will have a DPF?

When is Trier 5 compliance required?

I might have to go out and get a B2650 or a Bx23s and store it, even though I have no use for either, just in case I needed it in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keith didn't know, he just said it's in the works... and yes, everything. I'm sure we will all know when Kubota (and the rest of them start blowing about the 'benefits' of Tier 5 emissions and how much better it will be for the enviroment). About that time you'll know the next model change will be to Tier 5. Kind of surprised me too in as much as it's called Tier 4 final. Guess nothing is final until the diesel engine no longer exists. Then that is final.

I'm really in the stone age with my Tier 2 diesels. Whoooope.:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
So you know I'm not blowing smoke...lol

From Heavy Equipment magazine....

The scope of Stage V in Europe, however, will differ somewhat from all the regulations that came before it, says Payne. Previous regs exempted engines under 24 horsepower. Stage 5 will likely cover all engines regardless of horsepower. The rules for flex credits and transitional engines, which gave some manufacturers breathing room in the old regulations, would likely be restricted in a Stage V scenario, Payne says.

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
EUROMOT 4 and 5 are being implemented in Europe now, we seem to lag EU about a year or so in regulation. the change I have seen in the equipment I work on (all EU compliant made in Germany) are minimal at best. most obvious this is we are changing engines back to Cummins from Mercedes. the Merc engines where 3B/Tier4 offroad compliant with only DOC/DEF, no DPF. now we have DPF and SCR/DEF. from what I have seen it encompasses more engines, not necessarily a whole new level limits.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Keith didn't know, he just said it's in the works... and yes, everything. I'm sure we will all know when Kubota (and the rest of them start blowing about the 'benefits' of Tier 5 emissions and how much better it will be for the enviroment). About that time you'll know the next model change will be to Tier 5. Kind of surprised me too in as much as it's called Tier 4 final. Guess nothing is final until the diesel engine no longer exists. Then that is final.

I'm really in the stone age with my Tier 2 diesels. Whoooope.:eek:
Don't be surprised if the current administration delays, cancels, or even rolls back such nonsense. I expect that such is on the agenda for the next term.

For the first time in years, we can at least hope.

Pay attention to how you vote this fall.

SDT