Dealer negotiation / pricing

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
This most likely isn’t going to be the year to find the end of year Rick bottom deal on the inventory the dealer wants to clear. It may be the year that 0% financing makes more sense than ever. If you want to take advantage of the finance and current msrp, if you are willing to travel you may just have to price more dealers and a little further away. That may be marginal savings but could be worth a try if you local dealer is way above msrp. Your travel and fuel is cost too. Good luck. It’s never to late to ask Rudolph to bring the old man by for some cookies this year. Maybe he will feel guilty for not stopping lately and leave you something orange in the barn?

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
It is a different tractor a smaller B2301 my dealer in nova scotia is below slightly below msrp. when using the build a tractor and making the exchange to canadian dollars.

EricB

Equipment
B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Box Blade, Brush Hog, Grapple, Pallet Forks & Bad Boy Mav
Jan 7, 2022
Oklahoma
Bought my B2601 in early December 2021. I spoke with all the local dealers and a couple from out of state. Price was MSRP (or more) everywhere. Availability was poor at best.
I did get a discount of $800 ($400 for tractor and $400 for implement - Kubota program - see online).
Tractor came with a 1/4 tank of diesel and not so much as a baseball cap as a thank you.
Tough time to buy, but inflation is expected to drive price higher, so I bit the proverbial bullet and paid full price before 2022 increases.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Bought my B2601 in early December 2021. I spoke with all the local dealers and a couple from out of state. Price was MSRP (or more) everywhere. Availability was poor at best.
I did get a discount of $800 ($400 for tractor and $400 for implement - Kubota program - see online).
Tractor came with a 1/4 tank of diesel and not so much as a baseball cap as a thank you.
Tough time to buy, but inflation is expected to drive price higher, so I bit the proverbial bullet and paid full price before 2022 increases.
One thing about customers, we do talk to each other, and we tell our friends how the companies make us feel. Sometimes we get divorced or just leave. Last year was tough. I purchased/ordered in February, but I bought for my other property 4 hours away…and because of that I told my local dealer my situation and asked if he was interested to quote knowing full well I just assume buy at the dealer 7 miles from other property. Anyway they did give me an awesome quote. I was fully transparent with the other dealer and they would not touch my regular dealer price. I really did want to use the new place. Anyway it was enough savings on my total package of tractor and implements to buy a new equipment trailer to haul tractor up…so that’s what I did. Congratulations on the purchase. I hope it makes your life easier.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I got my b2301 with loader bh grapple and chains this tuesday below msrp and they gave me a block heater and loaded the tires for free. fuel tank of fuel. The tech who delivered it spent an hour and half in very cold temp going over everything and pulling off the backhoe, putting on the three point. I had to wait a month for it to come in. this is in Nova Scotia Canada. The dealer started higher and i kept making offers and he kept countering. Cash helped quite a bit. I would think you should be close on build a kubota certainly would not want to pay more than that.

EricB

Equipment
B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Box Blade, Brush Hog, Grapple, Pallet Forks & Bad Boy Mav
Jan 7, 2022
Oklahoma
Thank you - I love my B2601, and am amazed at how capable it is.
Already completed several small projects around our property.
I like both the salesman and the dealership I purchased the tractor from, just the reality of buying a small tractor in my area.

Reactions: 1 users

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Price I've been quoted on a B2601 is almost exactly MSRP, and he's giving about $1,000 off on the tractor and $400 off on the loader. Big thing will be how much he's going to offer me on the JD2025R. Retail price on it is rather outrageous. Have not been able to find what the trade-in/wholesale price is.