Daily Chuckle

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
1676813330190.jpeg

A little over 125 years ago you didn't have to worry about pollution controls because you let your horse sh*t in the street. If you were a man your life expectancy was 46.3 years vs 77.3 years now. You had a very good chance of dying from a bacterial infection from a small cut working on the farm because you didn't have antibiotics. If you worked in a factory you were expected to work 12-16 hour days 6 days a week for below living wages. Worker safety meant if you got hurt on the job you were fired. Often workers were locked into their work places and many workers died in factory fires because exits were chained up. At home you likely didn't have running water or sanitary sewers or electricity. You used an outhouse in winter and summer. You ate whatever food was available at that time of year, milk pasteurizing wasn't available everywhere and infant mortality was pushing 1/10 live births.

1676814461750.gif

I'd still rather be living today thanks, even with the excessive bureaucracy. Most of the laws today are a result of abuses in the past and an attempt to prevent them in the future. i.e. building codes, worker safety laws, etc

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
A little over 125 years ago you didn't have to worry about pollution controls because you let your horse sh*t in the street. At home you likely didn't have running water or sanitary sewers. You used an outhouse in winter and summer. You ate whatever food was available at that time of year, milk pasteurizing wasn't available everywhere.
I must be over 125, all of the above pertains to me. The Amish neighbors provide the horse sh*t.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
HE MUST PAY
Husband and wife had a argument.. Wife called up her mom and said, "He fought with me again, I am coming to live with you.." Mom said, "No darling, he must pay for his mistake. I am coming to live with you.”