Daily Chuckle

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
My wife and celebrated our 60th wedding anniversary last month. We have been asked how we managed to stay married so long in this day and age. I responded "When we were first married we came to an agreement. I would make all the major decisions and my wife would make all the minor decisions. In 60 years of marriage we have never needed to make a major decision."

Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My wife and I took care of our neighbor after his wife had died of cancer and he was having memory problems. We needed some help with his meals, cleaning and fellowship.

I put an ad out that read: A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, for an amount of up to and including their life. If you have compassion and desire to help a man have a quality life in his home call .........

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Irene Ryan, one of the funniest ladies ever. She was nearly 30 years younger than the character she played on the Beverly Hillbillies. I still miss the Southern humor and euphemisms of that show, most of which would be considered offensive to today's generations.

Reactions: 3 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Irene Ryan, one of the funniest ladies ever. She was nearly 30 years younger than the character she played on the Beverly Hillbillies. I still miss the Southern humor and euphemisms of that show, most of which would be considered offensive to today's generations.
Irene played her part to perfection, not that the others didn't. It is just that she had a unique talent to make one smile or even full belly laugh. My favorite episode was the one about the giant jack rabbit (kangaroo). That one was particularly funny.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Parachute Club -
Yesterday, my daughter emailed me, asking why I didn't do something
useful with my time during retirement.
"Like sitting around the pool, drinking wine isn't a good thing?" I asked.
Talking about my "doing something useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation.
She is "only thinking of me," she said and suggested that I go down to the Senior Center and
hang out with the fellas.
So, I did and when I got home, I decided to play a prank on her. I sent her an email saying that I had
joined the Senior Parachute Club.
She replied, "Are you NUTS? You're 80 years old and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?”
I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her.
Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled; "Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?!
This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club.”
"Oh man, am I in trouble?" I said; "I signed up and prepaid for five jumps a week!
THE LINE WENT DEAD.
Life as a Senior Citizen may not be getting any easier, but it can be FUN‼

Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I have to admit that your picture is EXACTLY what came to my mind immediately after reading the above post. That was one of the funniest episodes. Running around the woods in loafers and surviving on packets of ketchup in that abandoned van! Classic! :ROFLMAO:

I sure do miss that series.

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have to admit that your picture is EXACTLY what came to my mind immediately after reading the above post. That was one of the funniest episodes. Running around the woods in loafers and surviving on packets of ketchup in that abandoned van! Classic! :ROFLMAO:

I sure do miss that series.
what series? I am not a TV watcher by nature and we do not even have TV service but I am curious just so I get the joke.