Daily Chuckle

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
A lady from California purchased a piece of timber land in Oregon. There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted to get a good view of her land so she started to climb the big tree.
As she neared the top, she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the lady slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her private parts. In considerable pain, she hurried to the nearest doctor.
He listened to her story then told her to go into the examining room and he would see if he could help her. She sat and waited for three hours before the doctor reappeared.
The angry lady demanded, ” What took you so long?”
The unperturbed doctor replied, “Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area.”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Jack is 32 years old and he is still single. One day a friend asked, "Why aren't you married? Can't you find a woman who will be a good wife?" Jack replied, "Actually, I've found many women that I have wanted to marry, but when I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn't like them." His friend thinks for a moment and says, "I've got the perfect solution, just find a girl who's just like your mother." A few months later they meet again and his friend says, "Did you find the perfect girl? Did your mother like her?" With a frown on his face, Jack answers, "Yes, I found the perfect girl. She was just like my mother. You were right, my mother liked her very much."
The friend said, "Then what's the problem?" Jack replied, "My father doesn't like her."

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I am glad it worked for you.
For some, not so much.
View attachment 95944
I have a relative's name on that wall, Panel 1W, right in the middle of it. He was my cousin's husband, whom I met a week before he deployed. A year later, he was declared MIA/AWOL after being shot down over Cambodia. 25 years later, he was finally declared KIA and no longer AWOL.

I was old enough to remember the sorrow this wall represents, but young enough I never had to register for Selective Service before it was stopped, then too old when it was started back up. Others served so I didn't have to, and that reality is something that has never been lost on me. Thanks to all that have, do and will. I would say that if you've never visited this wall, DO IT. It's humbling to stand next to 65000 names that gave ALL there is to give in the service of their country. Though my kids and grandkids all tell me I have no empathy or sympathy, that wall put me on my knees. I was lucky enough to be too young when the draft/Selective Service stopped, and too old when it started back up. That black wall is a very stark reminder of how many went, and so many without a choice. I value my choice, given me by those that served in my stead.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users