Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
HELGA NEEDS A BEER....

It was a hot day in Minnesota. Helga hung out the wash to dry, put a roast in the oven, and then went downtown to pick up some dry cleaning.

"Gootness, it's hotter den hell today," she mused to herself as she walked down Main Street.

She passed a tavern and thought, "Vy nodt?"

So she walked in and took a seat at the bar.

The bartender walked up and asked her what she would like to drink.

"Ya know," Helga said, "it is zo hot, I tink I'll have myself a cold beer."

"Anheuser Busch?" the bartender asked.

Helga blushed and replied,"Vell fine, tanks, und how's yur viener?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
What a steal?!?!?! o_O Wondering why they only have 13 left in stock at that price????
Picture1.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm not sure just how many of today's "men" could actually pick up a gallon jug of milk... ;)
Damn straight.

Even though I was a youngster - - there was a time I could move a milk can with 10 gallons in it....my father said they were about 114 pounds total.

I could also get 4 gallons or so right from the "source" and dump the girth-strap milker into a filter over the milk can, or into the dump station when we went bulk......

Reactions: 2 users

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Must be Boston
Boston.jpg

i7win7

Equipment
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
It's called wildlife for a reason
wild west.jpg

i7win7

Equipment
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Always thought a spare key was a good idea - rethinking that
seen keys.jpg

• Haha

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
1. Teaching Math in 1970

A logger sells a truckload of timber for $100.
His cost of production is 4/5 of the price.
What is his profit?

2. Teaching Math In 1980

His cost of production is 80% of the price.
What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1990

His cost of production is $80.
How much was his profit?

4. Teaching Math In 2000

His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20.
Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 2005

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands.
Your assignment: Discuss how the birds and kiwis might feel as the logger cuts down their homes just for a measly profit of $20.

6. Teaching Math In 2010

A logger is arrested for trying to cut down a tree in case it may be offensive to Muslims or other religious groups not consulted in the felling license. He is also fined a $100 as his Chainsaw is in breach of Health and Safety legislation as it deemed too dangerous and could cut something. He has used the Chainsaw for over 20 years without incident however he does not have the correct certificate of competence and is therefore considered to be a recidivist and habitual criminal. His DNA is sampled and his details circulated throughout all government agencies. He protests and is taken to court and fined another $100 because he is such an easy target. When he is released he returns to find some indigenous people have cut down half his wood to build a camp on his land. He tries to throw them off but is arrested, prosecuted for harassing an ethnic minority, imprisoned for 6 months and fined a further $100.

Your assignment: Discuss how many times is the logger going to have to be arrested and fined before he realizes that he is never going to make $20 profit by hard work and he should give up, and sign on to the dole?

7. Teaching Math In 2015

A logger doesn’t sell a truck load of timber because he can’t get a loan to buy a new truck because his bank has spent all his and their money on a derivative of security debt related to sub-prime mortgages in Iceland and lost the lot with only some government money left to pay a few million dollar in bonuses to their senior directors. The logger struggles to pay the $1,200 licensing fee on his old truck however, as it was built in the 1970s it no longer meets the emissions regulations and he is forced to scrap it.
The Government borrows more money to pay more to the bankers and to send parliamentarians on a fact finding mission overseas.
You do the math.

8. Teaching Math in 2020

أ المسجل تبيع حموله شاحنة من الخشب من اجل 100 دولار. صاحب تكلفة الانت=D 8ج من
ا! لثمن. ما هو الربح ل

Reactions: 1 users