D902 fuel plate

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Working on a grasshopper with D902 engine. I have a leak at the fuel plate rods, not the mounting surface. Leaking where screwdriver is pointing.
4582F3F3-F7BC-4DE3-B106-817E325D17F5.jpeg

7EF995D4-6623-4D5F-ACCD-7EF853057696.jpeg

is this rebuildable with seals or o rings?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Ill bite! Whats the mystery post about!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We may need to reference this to understand the meaning of this post

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I always just replaced them.

but we had to charge $100/hr for labor too, so one hour's labor for rebuilding the plate assembly is $100...plus the o-rings plus the labor to remove/reinstall (with the engine on the bench no big deal but in some equipment it is a real pain to deal with in the frame). So by time you paid the labor to rebuild + R&R of the assembly + o-rings and gasket, they were at about the same cost to replace it as an assembly. Then if there was a problem with it (sticking?) rather than the shop have to eat the labor, if we replaced it as an assembly we'd then file a parts warranty which kubota paid labor on. Pass the liability onto the manufacturer so to speak.

I think there was one guy who wanted his rebuilt, even after we gave him the option to replace the assembly at the exact same dollar amount. I think it was an old ZD18 as I remember. Fine, we rebuilt it. He picks it up, and gripes about how much it cost to replace and o-ring and seal. Well sir, I hate to tell ya, but I told ya so. Enjoy your mower. Few years later it shows up won't start. Cranks fine. Other tech found fuel plate stuck. He took it apart, freed it all up, and reassembled. Far as I know it's still going....but I dont' work there no more so who knows. I did find out today that the customer in question passed away this morning.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I always just replaced them.

but we had to charge $100/hr for labor too, so one hour's labor for rebuilding the plate assembly is $100...plus the o-rings plus the labor to remove/reinstall (with the engine on the bench no big deal but in some equipment it is a real pain to deal with in the frame). So by time you paid the labor to rebuild + R&R of the assembly + o-rings and gasket, they were at about the same cost to replace it as an assembly. Then if there was a problem with it (sticking?) rather than the shop have to eat the labor, if we replaced it as an assembly we'd then file a parts warranty which kubota paid labor on. Pass the liability onto the manufacturer so to speak.

I think there was one guy who wanted his rebuilt, even after we gave him the option to replace the assembly at the exact same dollar amount. I think it was an old ZD18 as I remember. Fine, we rebuilt it. He picks it up, and gripes about how much it cost to replace and o-ring and seal. Well sir, I hate to tell ya, but I told ya so. Enjoy your mower. Few years later it shows up won't start. Cranks fine. Other tech found fuel plate stuck. He took it apart, freed it all up, and reassembled. Far as I know it's still going....but I dont' work there no more so who knows. I did find out today that the customer in question passed away this morning.
I should have listened... After oring replacement it is still leaking. Lol. Ill get one ordered. How do you search engine breakdowns on Kubota site? I've tried punching in model with no luck.