D722 no fuel coming out of injector pump ?

Dishtech43

Equipment
B7300 HST
Aug 21, 2014
Nebo Illinois
I posted before on a kubota B7300 that I bought took apart with cracked head.
anyway. got all ready to start for first time,and Im not getting any fuel to the injectors ! fuel is on going through fuel pump,to injector pump..It pulses fuel when I crank on it...where the fuel line goes onto the injector pump. there is a bleeder there..and I have cranked on it,and cracked it until just fuel comes out of it several times. and seems to be no air or bubbles.. I have cranked on engine many times about 10 seconds at a time,and crack injector lines at injector..and No fuel coming out at all.anything else I can do to try and get fuel to come out of injector pump to lines?? Thanks alot....:(

Dishtech43

Equipment
B7300 HST
Aug 21, 2014
Nebo Illinois
I posted before on a kubota B7300 that I bought took apart with cracked head.
anyway. got all ready to start for first time,and Im not getting any fuel to the injectors ! fuel is on going through fuel pump,to injector pump..It pulses fuel when I crank on it...where the fuel line goes onto the injector pump. there is a bleeder there..and I have cranked on it,and cracked it until just fuel comes out of it several times. and seems to be no air or bubbles.. I have cranked on engine many times about 10 seconds at a time,and crack injector lines at injector..and No fuel coming out at all.anything else I can do to try and get fuel to come out of injector pump to lines?? Thanks alot....:(
OH yell it has a D722 engine on it..

Dishtech43

Equipment
B7300 HST
Aug 21, 2014
Nebo Illinois
Mine is manual pull to Stop fuel...Going to pull Injector pump today.and see if the little lever is stuck..Dont know what else to do...not getting any reply back to help..but thanks for your reply....:(

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
If the unit has been sitting for a while, the injector pump might be all gummed up. Generally speaking, it's a good time to take it off and rebuild it when that happens. Many older tractors actually shared common injector pumps. My D-17 has a ROOSA pump that is on hundreds of other motors.

If you are going to pull the pump, MARK YOUR TIMING gears. This little trick can save you days of frustration or even your motor. Most gears have marks but are rarely in the exact right spot to have them aligned. It's best to carbide scribe a line across where the gears are currently meshing from center of shaft to center of shaft. It makes a nearly indestructible line that you can see when reinstalling the pump. If the gears are back in alignment, the timing should be on.

Having rebuilt a couple of pumps now, there are some lessons learned.

Also a good time to fish your injector lines and get any gunk out of them and have your injectors cleaned and checked by a shop. Replace any bad ones.

Dishtech43

Equipment
B7300 HST
Aug 21, 2014
Nebo Illinois
if the unit has been sitting for a while, the injector pump might be all gummed up. Generally speaking, it's a good time to take it off and rebuild it when that happens. Many older tractors actually shared common injector pumps. My d-17 has a roosa pump that is on hundreds of other motors.

If you are going to pull the pump, mark your timing gears. This little trick can save you days of frustration or even your motor. Most gears have marks but are rarely in the exact right spot to have them aligned. It's best to carbide scribe a line across where the gears are currently meshing from center of shaft to center of shaft. It makes a nearly indestructible line that you can see when reinstalling the pump. If the gears are back in alignment, the timing should be on.

Having rebuilt a couple of pumps now, there are some lessons learned.

Also a good time to fish your injector lines and get any gunk out of them and have your injectors cleaned and checked by a shop. Replace any bad ones.

the kubota fuel injector pump has no timing gear on it ! It has timing shims..gasket like...
It is suppose to pull straight out after removing 4 bolts..but mine wont. The rack pin is froze tight...no way too remove the pump now..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the injection pump rack will not move to get the pump out, you can try removing the front and rear stops, (they will be under aluminum caps that you will need to pull off to get access to the nuts), note how deep they are set as this is a critical point on it running right when your done.
when the stops are out you can use a fine punch or steel rod to push the rack into place to remove it.

Just to make sure, you have removed the throttle plate and side cover and springs right?

Attachments