D722 injector pump fuel leaks

artfull dodger

Equipment
Cub Cadet 782D Kubota D600 powered, Cub Cadet 1512D Kubota D600 powered
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
Snow day from work, so I am braving the cold in the garage to do a bit of work on my new to me G1900. I replaced the dead fuel pump so she will stay running and quit starving for fuel. Now to tackle this fuel leak. Leaking fuel from between that clamping plate that holds the injector elements into the pump body. Is there an O ring in there that i can carefully replace? Runs fine, just leaks fuel and makes a mess. A reman on ebay is over $400 or more. If there is a simple fix, I would rather try that first to save some money. Yes its dirty, this thing lived on a farm with livestock, so its gonna be a bit ugly till warm spring weather when it will meet my pressure washer and some degreaser. At least she will stay running under her own power now more than just a few min. Baby steps here. Mike

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Simple fix ...... but IF THE middle one - you need to remove left or right to get to it!!! I tried to make a 17 mm fit in between ..... took a box end wrench and ground out the middle to loosen the middle nut........ nope - wrench broke as I expected it might.

Make sure you are holding the bottom nut as you remove the top - 17 mm on top I think.... and 19 mm on bottom - If memory serves me.

Mine needed a new O Ring - that ring was easy to replace - getting it off was the fun part.

Be careful ONCE it is loose - there lots of little springs and ball in there...... drop one of those on the gravel drive and it sucks to find!!!! BTDT! ok - not really.... I was warned to go easy when removing.

Mine was a mess too!

2016-03-31 14.14.51.jpg

Attachments

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Yes, there is an oring on the plunger you can replace. I dont know if this matters or not but the safety screw holes on the plunger tangs closest to the engine block are slotted. Mark the position of the tangs with a chisel, punch or something so you can get them back in the same position. Ive no clue why one side is slotted but I marked mine before I pulled them when I saw the holes were slotted/egg shaped.

Who knows yours may not be slotted.

artfull dodger

Equipment
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
I got the seals done, no issues there. But in the middle of cranking and bleeding fuel lines, I have lost all power on the tractor, everything is dead. Is there a master fuse to the dash and control systems? I have nothing at all. All the small fuses in the one fuse block I found are fine. But I have power to nothing, no lights, no nothing.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Probably a fusible link or large fuse near the starter has burned out. Look for a loop of wire with a connector or a block plugged into a connector.

artfull dodger

Equipment
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
previous owner hard wired the link, it doesnt exhist anymore. Needs a proper high amp fuse out there. I have power as far as the plug to the key switch, but its not doing anything. I ordered a new key switch. She was having issues kicking the starter properly before everything went dark. I know its not the starter as I can put a jumper on the trigger terminal and kick the starter without fail manually. If I had power to the fuel pump, she would start. But nothing is powering up. Hopefully the key switch is what failed. Its been flakey since getting it home. So I suspect its the issue. Just have to wait for the new one to arrive.