Cutting Deck Lock Out Trouble

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Hey All -

Wondering if anyone else on here has had troubles with the Mower Deck not locking out to limit movement when using the rear three-point hitch?

Reactions: 1 user

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Mine just started doing this also :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . It worked before( when I bought tractor in winter and took deck off to plow driveway). I know it worked before I dropped off at dealer back in June. I went to lock it up the other day and it stops at the notch before "Top". I know the mmm linkage gets stuck at the top and needs assistance to drop down when mounting the deck....

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
@dieselbob69 I've looked for grease spots or adjustments screws but there isn't anything. I haven't done anything different over the past few times using it.

If you find out a solution before me please gladly post it.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
What works for me is to raise the deck up as far as it will go, then get off the tractor on the left side, grab the edge of the deck and lift it, twisting the height adjustment knob to the lock position at the same time. Unlocking it can be done from the seat.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Ugggh. Trick in above post did not work. Another site, someone recommended adjusting the linkage set bolt( left side, behind wheel) - no dice with that. Took deck off and had a look see. The bottom of that spiral cam has a nub sticking out on 1 side, it looks like it’s supposed to go into that notch that is on the linkage. I ended up grinding the bottom of that spiral flat, and ground some of that nub off with my Dremel I was able to get the knob into the “top” position with deck off. Once I got deck on it wasn’t as nice. I need to grind sone more off that nub, I need to get another stone for the dremel though. I believe I’m on the right path, don’t know why it would work before then not be able to… these pics are after I ground it down....
6E1C034A-B3EE-446B-8D34-CDF58374C935.jpeg
EE81FD09-85F2-40E6-A1D5-C2B95961DAAE.jpeg

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
DO NOT DREMEL THAT ADJUSTMENT WHEEL !!!!! You have a bent front deck hanger!

One day in a rush I put the mower deck on and didn't lock one of the pins all the way to the lift bar. When I went to lift the deck it let loose and one side fell while the other stayed up. Since then when I turned the deck height adjustment knob it would turn all the way, but stopped one setting before TOP.

This was my fix!

If you remove the front bracket that holds the the front of the deck to the front of the tractor and take a good look its likely tweaked, bent. Mine wasn't bent too bad. I took the end with the nut on it and put it in between a space on a railroad tie wall and gave it a few good pulls (NO VICE) :confused: checking as i went. Walla! That adjustment knob never turned so smoothly!

Last edited:

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
DO NOT DREMEL THAT ADJUSTMENT WHEEL !!!!! You have a bent front deck hanger!

One day in a rush I put the mower deck on and didn't lock one of the pins all the way to the lift bar. When I went to lift the deck it let loose and one side fell while the other stayed up. Since then when I turned the deck height adjustment knob it would turn all the way, but stopped one setting before TOP.

This was my fix!

If you remove the front bracket that holds the the front of the deck to the front of the tractor and take a good look its likely tweaked, bent. Mine wasn't bent too bad. I took the end with the nut on it and put it in between a space on a railroad tie wall and gave it a few good pulls (NO VICE) :confused: checking as i went. Walla! That adjustment knob never turned so smoothly!
Thanks for tip. That front bracket has been a bugger to remove from the deck since I bought tractor, it was a pita to remove the first time I ever took deck off. It is off now, so I’ll take a look at it..

dieselbob69

Equipment
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Straightened front hanger bracket, still no change. Out came the Dremel again:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:….

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Check the lift rod coming from your 3point hitch arm. If it is like the B series, there is a turn buckle to adjust it. You probably need to tighten it up just a little bit to make it lift up all the way. Once you do that, the knob will turn into place easier.