Creep

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
B2650HSDC is starting to creep a bit with the brake on. Is this a brake issue or hydro? Not too bad yet but thought I would get some input before I started adjusting stuff. I keep the pedal linkage greased, have never adjusted the brake.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
B2650HSDC is starting to creep a bit with the brake on. Is this a brake issue or hydro? Not too bad yet but thought I would get some input before I started adjusting stuff. I keep the pedal linkage greased, have never adjusted the brake.
Hydro pedal etc. Look for thread by eipo. His crept right out of the barn.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI

Pull the plastic cover at your feet and youll find the hydro pedal linkage on the same side as the pedal. Whats happening is the shaft the linkage rotates on is binding. It needs to be lubricated. PB blaster seems to work, but it needs to be reapplied frequently. The best solution would be to pull the linkage and drill/tap to install a grease zerk.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Here is the thread...

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
It needs to be lubricated. PB blaster seems to work, but it needs to be reapplied frequently.
PB Blaster is not intended for lubrication. It's a penetrating oil. That's like using a wrench for a hammer. Yeah, you can use it, and it will do some lubricating, but not well and not for long.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
PB Blaster is not intended for lubrication. It's a penetrating oil. That's like using a wrench for a hammer. Yeah, you can use it, and it will do some lubricating, but not well and not for long.
Yes, but the area that needs lubrication has no means of accepting it. Hence the need for something that creeps.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Yes, but the area that needs lubrication has no means of accepting it. Hence the need for something that creeps.
Try Fluid Film. Not a penetrating oil, per se, but it does penetrate (slowly), but it won't evaporate quickly.

Reactions: 1 user

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
FF creeping properties would be ideal in this situation... If I still had the tractor......

The PB, and Im not advocating the PB being a long term solution, did free it up almost immediately. Had I kept the 2650, I would have drilled and tapped the offending linkage so it could be greased.