County Line Tiller....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I looked at one at TSC a couple weeks ago and it clearly said "Made in India" on the top.
CountyLine is a TSC brand name, and they (TSC) sources items from around the world and sells under their house brand.
TSC must have found a cheaper supplier in India.
In the past, TSC branded tillers have been manufactured by Tarter Gate Farm and Ranch Equipment, of Dunnville, Ky.

beerguzzlingslob

Equipment
B2601
Feb 15, 2023
U.S.A.
I looked at one at TSC a couple weeks ago and it clearly said "Made in India" on the top.
CountyLine is a TSC brand name, and they (TSC) sources items from around the world and sells under their house brand.
Many American companies source their gearboxes from China or india. The rest of the machine is made in the U.S.A. My 48 inch is made in the U.S.A, with a Chinese gearbox. But the 60 inch does say imported on their website.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Many American companies source their gearboxes from China or india. The rest of the machine is made in the U.S.A. My 48 inch is made in the U.S.A, with a Chinese gearbox. But the 60 inch does say imported on their website.
Perhaps TSC is now using "made in India" gearboxes.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Have the 5 foot model for my L, have had it 3 years and no issues with it.
Ditto, I have the same and and have used it for 4 seasons now without issue. Purchased at the local Tractor Supply

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
TSC must have found a cheaper supplier in India.
In the past, TSC branded tillers have been manufactured by Tarter Gate Farm and Ranch Equipment, of Dunnville, Ky.
My Landpride cutter is made in Kansas, but the gearbox comes from China.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Ended up with the 6 foot version. Thanks for all the advice and input.
roto1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

TPR_00

Equipment
BX23S
Feb 9, 2024
Pennsylvania
Your wife isn’t going to shoot you for all of a sudden buying a tractor rototiller now that you have to do, when she had to fight with a walk behind tiller when she was doing it?
Either way she’ll have an easier time tilling!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I bought a Landpride about 3 years ago from a fellow who had only used it once and it sat in his garage for a few years. He made a beautiful steel cradle with wheels for it so it is easy to move around on the concrete. I kept saying that I needed to get it out and use it, but never did. Now that the backyard has been dug up for a septic repair, I believe that it will get used. It looks like new, but after I finish using it, I am certain that it will have a few battle scars on it.