Could of been bad!

blwn31

Equipment
B20
Jul 6, 2010
Placerville, CA
How many of you out there have come mighty close to rolling your rig?

I am back filling around my pool which of course is on a nice grade. I have made a little road about 3 feet wider than the tractor to bring in my fill dirt. I was pulling up a shallow angle to dump the load. Well, got to close and the left front washed out a lot faster than usual, I panicked and immediately mashed the reverse pedal. All that did was dig the rear in and it slid too, high centering the rear. I will say this though, my tractor is really stable even leaned way over. Learned that the hard way! I thought for sure I was gonna be in bad shape, physically that is. After accessing the situation, I just dumped my load and lowered the FEL lifting the front off the ground, filled the washed out area. then raised the FEL and drove her out! I did have my neighbor adjust the safety straps as I drove her out. I wasn't about to loose her to the hill at that point. I am very glad the all the tires are filled with beet juice as she has a pretty low COG and added traction.

Oh well, live and learn. I will be packing that dumped slope this W/E.

I know guys, be very careful, I have, it is just one of those things that happened. I usually pull up the dump site watch the compacted edge erode just slightly and at that point I dump the load. All's good. So far I have moved about 65 yards this way and got stuck twice. Hopefully that's all. My neighbor said if I only get stuck once he'd be surprised! He was right!

Keith:eek:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sounds like you got very lucky. How long did it take you to get the mohawk pressed down out of the seat after the butt cheeks slammed shut? :D:eek::D

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Ahhhh..... don't worry about the mohawk in the seat.... it was lubricated by the skid marks in the operators drawers:eek:

I can make fun of what could have been a very bad situation.... cause I have been there more than once:eek:

Butch

blwn31

Equipment
B20
Jul 6, 2010
Placerville, CA
Pucker factor was very high! Just glad I didn't hurt myself. The tractor was remarkably stable even high centered and leaned over. It is amazing what these tractors will pull themselves out of.

Keith

Jimmysal

Equipment
B1750HST, RC60 MMM, LA300 FEL, TSC 48" BoxBlade, PTO Dbar chains tongs old Stihl
Aug 26, 2010
Vermont
Haha,

Last Saturday, I was roughing out a loop around my pond for the pump track we're gonna build Labor Day Weekend. Anyway, on the East side of the pond, theres a 3' plastic pipe buried as a culvert into the pond with some 2' or so weeds growing over it. I cross over there and start making my way around back to the West side of the pond where there are 2 2' steel pipes buried as an exit culvert.

Problem is, the entire North and West sides of the pond had 4' or so goldenrod, brambles and whatnot growing thicker than a shag rug. No problem, I tell myself, just drop the box blade and squash that mess. So off I go around the pond headed for the 2 metal pipes and the land bridge over em. Problem is, the last time I walked that part of the property was in April before we closed on the house and before any weeds came up. I ended up missing the culvert and wound up with the tractor pitched over forward into a 5' wide 4' deep drainage ditch.

So there I am, looking straight DOWN over the hood of my tractor. After about 2 hours of alternating working reverse/diff lock and pushing the tractor back up the hill by lowering the FEL and curling the bucket, I managed to back the tractor out enough to get it high centered on the edge of the ditch. Furious and tired, I crammed some firewood under the wheels, set the parking brake, lowered the blade, and went in the house. Also, by this time it was dark. My girl asked me where the tractor was, and I told her I left it outside with the keys in it. She asked "why did you leave the keys in it? What if someone steals it?" I told her not to worry, because it was parked in a pretty safe place.

The next morning, I headed off to TSC to buy a come-along. On my way back, I saw my neighbors dialing in their tree-stand. I told them about what I did, and we all had a good laugh. Fun fact, It takes 3 people pushing and 1 person driving to get a B1750 with a FEL and box blade to back out of a ditch.

Since then, I've been spending some quality time around the pond with a machete.