Correct Zerk Replacements - L175 (L1500DT)

njblanco10

Equipment
l1500dt, l175
Jan 6, 2018
Larsen Bay, Alaska
Hey there,

I took out a damaged zerk fitting and tried to replace with a 6mm metric zerk I found on amazon. It would not thread correctly.
I read somewhere in another thread about tapered and non-tapered threads. Could this be the issue?
Where is one able to find oem replacements on old equipment like that? Thanks for your time, fellas. You are life savers to a man living in a village with no mechanic. Take care.

- Nick
Larsen Bay Alaska

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
They should be available from the dealer. I know that may be far away but can you get them from an online dealer like Messicks or Coleman.

Almost all will be the same part number which you can find on Kubota.com then illustrated parts list

Is there a big charge to ship into your part of Alaska? These should be shippable by USPS

If you can’t find/arrange to get them, let me know and I’ll try to figure a way to get them to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nick, when I make my journeys to various salvage yards, one I go to crushes just about every thing there. Anything the owner deems marketable he has in a different location. If I'm looking for something specific, I often remove grease fitting as I scrounge. I show him the fittings when I pay for the other material and he always chuckles, wondering why I'd want such a thing!

I've got a collection of grease fitting from button head on down! They sure come in handy.

njblanco10

Equipment
l1500dt, l175
Jan 6, 2018
Larsen Bay, Alaska
Nick, when I make my journeys to various salvage yards, one I go to crushes just about every thing there. Anything the owner deems marketable he has in a different location. If I'm looking for something specific, I often remove grease fitting as I scrounge. I show him the fittings when I pay for the other material and he always chuckles, wondering why I'd want such a thing!

I've got a collection of grease fitting from button head on down! They sure come in handy.
Kodiak is the nearest scrap yard, but next time I head into town, I will surely make a stop there. Before you know it, I'll have spent all day there. Thank you!
- Nick

njblanco10

Equipment
l1500dt, l175
Jan 6, 2018
Larsen Bay, Alaska
They should be available from the dealer. I know that may be far away but can you get them from an online dealer like Messicks or Coleman.

Almost all will be the same part number which you can find on Kubota.com then illustrated parts list

Is there a big charge to ship into your part of Alaska? These should be shippable by USPS

If you can’t find/arrange to get them, let me know and I’ll try to figure a way to get them to you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We have a post office, and the flat rate boxes do us wonders. I will go to kubota.com, find the part number, then get in touch with a dealer. Thank you sir!

- Nick