Conflicting tire size specs.

Fryeburg500

Equipment
L185DT with FEL and Backhoe
Mar 23, 2015
sweden, maine
So my Kubota L185DT has 6-14 front tires currently on it. They're cracked beyond belief and I ordered and received two new 6-14 front tires today. The issue is that after looking a bit, I notice that the Kubota Tractor Operators Manual refers to 6-14 front tires within section 2. SPECIFICATIONS, while the tractordata.com website refers to 6.00-14 front tires for the 4wd model. I read that these tires are not the same and now I'm questioning my purchase. Has anyone replaced their tires on there L185DT that can confirm for me what size is correct? Or can someone confirm what size is correct based on correct information? Last but not least, do I need tubes for these tires? Thanks.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So my Kubota L185DT has 6-14 front tires currently on it. They're cracked beyond belief and I ordered and received two new 6-14 front tires today. The issue is that after looking a bit, I notice that the Kubota Tractor Operators Manual refers to 6-14 front tires within section 2. SPECIFICATIONS, while the tractordata.com website refers to 6.00-14 front tires for the 4wd model. I read that these tires are not the same and now I'm questioning my purchase. Has anyone replaced their tires on there L185DT that can confirm for me what size is correct? Or can someone confirm what size is correct based on correct information? Last but not least, do I need tubes for these tires? Thanks.

Best check the RC of the old and the "new" ones ------ they aint the same tire..... 6-14 and 6.00-14 are have TWO DIFFERENT RC's.......

info --- too much to read !

http://tiregroup.com/wp-content/themes/tiregroup/pdf/titan-ag-tires.pdf

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
My L185DT had 6-14's on the front and 9.5/9-24's rear. Go with what you bought.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
It appears a few of us that have acquired these older tractors are going thru the same process. My search on this and other sites reveals its nothing new and that answers are still difficult to come by.

The folks at Kubota have been quite helpful but even they do not necessarily know why the folks at Kubota 20 or more years ago spec'd things out the way they did. Also, the spec's of the tires available then may be different than the spec's on the same tire sizes today.

If your rear tires are 9.5-24 and are of the same tread type as the fronts you are probably safe as long as you only engage the front wheels when on loose surfaces.

Last edited: