Confessions of Kubota Owners

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Confessions? My wife doesn’t really know how much I spend on tractor stuff.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I better not say it! I'll only get in trouble.

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Confession: sometimes I wish I had more tractor/hp/alot of things... but I am also soon reminded of how blessed I am. I have only ever known open station machines (aside from some rented mini ex's and skidsteers ) so I enjoy the visibility etc. Winter's plowing has never been an issue of being miserable, I actually thoroughly enjoy it. Sometimes I come in soaked but that's all part of the experience. A cab would not fit through my current garage door the tractor actually came with a beat up Curtis cab that's how I know. (also the door is impractical to raise) the b7100 is leaps and bounds ahead of the old 9n I grew up on, which has no brakes, has the old 6 volt would never start when you wanted it to electrical.system , no low range no 4wd etc etc so I'm pretty content with what I have bigger and better,HST, grapple etc etc are all on the lists of "wants" but budget wise they are pretty low on that list. I'm hoping I can cobble together a set of functional pin on forks with a non functional pallet jack from work and some steel I brought back from Ohio (50 cents a lb) on the weekend trip for a wedding we just took. I've never known SSQA, again aside from rented machines where time was of the essence, so I know im missing something huge however I just live with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Florida,..... is a better solution, to "the frozen wind and snow"
Yeah…but look at all the OTHER stuff you have to put up with! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Florida,..... is a better solution, to "the frozen wind and snow"
Maybe for some. That heat and humidity is not for me. Id rather be inside in winter than inside with AC all summer!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Maybe for some. That heat and humidity is not for me. Id rather be inside in winter than inside with AC all summer!
I would rather NOT..... "be inside in Winter"
That......is exactly why I spend November thru April in Florida.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
If I were ever to snowbird it wouldn't be to Florida. I'd head due south to Arizona. For many it's not so much the cold as the gloom. A place with snow and sun is a nice combination, but humidity is a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. I dealt with that for over 20 years in Hawaii and I'm absolutely done with it. 😖

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Hot and humid is absolute Hell for me, and those damn 15 minute long traffic lights in Florida drive me insane. (I think it's so the old people can take a nap at each light?)

The older I get the more North I wanna go.

That reminds me, "First Ice" is just around the corner.

The definition of Ice Fisherman is; "A jerk on one end of the line, waiting for a jerk on the other"

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I confess.. That's my dream- plan.

I hope to get a M62 TLB in a year or so. If I do, I'm afraid that snow season and brush hogging will be the only time I'll spend time with my current LX-cab dude.

I just have to find a way to afford it.
You should shop hard for a lightly used M62!
A new one is now over $93K.

A month ago, friend asked me to find him a low hour used M62.
I did....he bought it, ..... a 2021 M62 with 295 hours (not rental).
Still..... a bundle of bucks at $63,500,...... but one magnificent piece of machinery.

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
...and alligators in Florida. Every place that there's water.

In Wisconsin we do have snapping turtles and leaches. But no creature, yet documented, that will hide and then eat you whole in a lake or river.

• Haha

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin

In Wisconsin we do have snapping turtles and leaches. But no creature, yet documented, that will hide and then eat you whole in a lake or river.
Are you ruling out our state bird, the mosquito? LOL

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

6 months of each year, I live in Florida, on what I call a "fake lake".
(dragline dredge spoil used to raise building lots).
I have yet to see a gator!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

I often say that upstate New York winters limit pythons, copperheads, alligators and a whole bunch of critters I don’t want to encounter with my snowblower…..❄❄❄

I confess if one of those buggers are out there I’ll find them.

Some folks say we only have two seasons; Winter and the 4th of July….

Haven’t hit one yet…I’ll keep looking…..😉

FullSizeRender_Original.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Don't be shocked or unprepared when you do.
My brother and wife moved to Florida from Minnesota a few years ago. They see gators ALL THE TIME.
He sends pictures... They see them while walking thru a state or local park. Or on a golf course. Or walking to the corner market. They like the humidity over the cold winters.

But, Prehistoric - amphibious - giant carnivorous lizards. That hide and pounce when you least expect it.

At least in WI I can see the bear or wolf coming, hopefully in time to break out the holstered 10mm with cast loads, if necessary.

Last edited:

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Oh sorry, Yeah, I confess... I carry a 10mm handgun or 308 in the forest, even while in my Kubota cab.
My dog is usually in the forest beside me, and he's like my child. We'd take a bullet for each other.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Don't be shocked or unprepared when you do.
My brother and wife moved to Florida from Minnesota a few years ago. They see gators ALL THE TIME.
He sends pictures... They see them while walking thru a state or local park. Or on a golf course. Or walking to the corner market. They like the humidity over the cold winters.

But, Prehistoric - amphibious - giant carnivorous lizards. That hide and pounce when you least expect it.

At least in WI I can see the bear or wolf coming, hopefully in time to break out the holstered 10mm with cast loads, if necessary.
Yeah, I visit Louisiana often because my son and daughter in law live there. I see alligators every time I go there. As a forester, I have no desire to work in the woods in alligator country. In my area, we have bears, mountain lions, and occasional rattlesnakes. The lizards where I live are 6” long and eat bugs. I’ve avoided a few bears and killed a few rattlesnakes, but have no desire to go wandering around in alligator habitat.

Reactions: 1 user

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
CONFESSION: I have a trailer addiction. First trailer was an adequate-at-the-time 20' utility trailer. I bought a brand new aluminum enclosed car hauler last year that I'll admittedly only use a few times per year.

My L3901 was destroyed in a fire and I replaced it with an MX. The first trailer above is nowhere near up to the task. So I just ordered a Diamond C LPX-GN 30' equipment hauler with every single option checked except the high end brakes and hydraulic tongue jack. 20K GVWR so now I'll likely need to step up for CDL.

This is a stock photo from Diamond C - my trailer is 100% identical to this one. Delivery expected in November.

LPX-GN.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Hard to see those critters when your on OTT all the time! LOL. ROFLMAO!

• Haha