Concrete by the bucketft

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
or simply replace the dead electric motor, then power it from a good inverter using the BX23s battery
Even a 1//4hp motor is going to draw 4 amps AC. Assuming an 85% inverter efficiency, that's a 50 amp draw on the tractor battery. Worse until the motor gets up to speed.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I can think of a few advantages converting the old mixer to hydraulic:
1) portability, no need for generator if you are far away from electricity.
2) dumpability, and again portability, the ability to easily carry the load and use the stick
to dump it anywhere you want. ie, there's no moving the electric mixer once its loaded.

But yes, replacing the motor would be the easy way. :geek: :geek:
LOL - I have a brand new, never used Harbor Freight electric cement mixer motor available.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi all, hope everyone had a great summer. I’m getting ready to pour a concrete slab to provide a level surface on which to disconnect, overwinter and easily reattach my QuickTach FEL. I stored it last winter on gravel and it sank in enough to make it practically impossible to reattach this spring-took me and 4 neighbors Standing on the bucket to tip the arms high enough to slip over the articulation cauls/locks.
My plan is a nice slab poured under an existing covered porch. Can I use the bucket as a mixing trough to easily transport and pour the mud into my forms?
Yes you can.

Please do it and report back afterwards

As others have indicated above after mixing that much concrete in your bucket, you may have to recover a bit before posting.

I do not think the diesel on the bucket will make a difference. It did not when I spread some asphalt with my bucket. Does not matter much though. If you use the tractor the bucket will self clean over time.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
10 x 20 ? No way I’d mix that by hand or in a little mixer. Call in a ready mix truck and be done with it.

JamesKison

Apr 1, 2021
new jersey
Mixing it by hand would take so much time, don't even consider this option. Just use a mixer for it and don't waste your time in vain, we're living in 2022, not in the 18 the century. All the work in my yard has been done, Almighty Construction, they came with all the tools which they needed and ended the work fast, with an amazing result. It's a pleasure for me to go outside now, especially after the rain. There is no dirt anymore and only a nice arranged yard, everything what you need to feel comfortable.

Last edited: