Clutch not dis enguaging under load

BriansL3000DT

Equipment
L3000DT + a bunch of other junk
Nov 3, 2011
Fowlerville
I know this is an old thread but I have had the same problem. I did have the clutch replaced with a ceramic one. One way I was able to disengage the transmission when it was screwing up was to have the clutch pushed all of the way down and throttle up the rpm's that seemed to "relax" the clutch and disengage it. I was afraid it was going to " do it's thing" at the wrong time so I had it replaced.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My clutch is still holding up but it does still act up under load in low and 2nd gear. It doesn't seem to do it in any other gear so I try not to use it in low unless I have to. I'm going to try and make it as long as I can with mine. I use that tractor about every day so I don't really have a good time for repairs unless it just actually breaks.

BriansL3000DT

Equipment
L3000DT + a bunch of other junk
Nov 3, 2011
Fowlerville
Try reving up the motor with the clutch pushed in and let me know if it works for you or not. Mine was acting up shortly after I bought it in 2003. It had 450 hrs on it. By 500 hrs I had it changed. I only have about 670 hours on it now.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Reving the engine didn't make any difference, it will just keep pulling. When it does that the only way to get it to quit is either jerk it out of gear or kill the engine and then take it out.

Mine didn't start acting up until it had around 8 or 9 hundred hours on it. Seems like it has 12 or 13 hundred now and still doing fine except for the low gear deal.