Clutch issues

LewisB

Equipment
L3901
May 1, 2019
Cochran Georgia
Hello all,

I recently purchased a L3901, after 7.2 hrs of run time the clutch isn’t working. After learning how to drive on a tractor when I was 5, I was kinda offended when the dealer told me I burnt the clutch up after 45 years of experience. Has anyone else had issues with the clutches. I have to go give them 1700$ for repairs and haven’t even made the first payment on it

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Sorry to hear it. My 2501's clutches are not having any problems. I wonder what got yours. Maybe they can find out when repairing.
Good luck with it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello all,

I recently purchased a L3901, after 7.2 hrs of run time the clutch isn’t working. After learning how to drive on a tractor when I was 5, I was kinda offended when the dealer told me I burnt the clutch up after 45 years of experience. Has anyone else had issues with the clutches. I have to go give them 1700$ for repairs and haven’t even made the first payment on it
Nothing about what your saying makes sense, it has to be a mechanical failure, so it should be warranty!
I've never seen anyone burn up a clutch in that time frame, and I've dealt with some real winners over the years! :rolleyes:

I would push to a way higher level, and maybe even another dealer!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nothing about what your saying makes sense, it has to be a mechanical failure, so it should be warranty!
I've never seen anyone burn up a clutch in that time frame, and I've dealt with some real winners over the years! :rolleyes:

I would push to a way higher level, and maybe even another dealer!
Well you could do that (roast the clutch in no time)... Put it up against a sizeable tree, put it in high gear, firewall the engine and let out the clutch. I guarantee it will go up in smoke (and stink too):eek:

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Were you riding it? Tell yer dealer he’s FOS and he better replace it under warranty. He sounds shady. Maybe it wasn’t adjusted properly at setup, burned up, and he’s blaming you.

jcrane

Equipment
mx5200
Nov 4, 2021
Linden Tn
my mx-5200 lost the clutch at about 200 hrs.dealer replaced it for half price lost it again at just over 500 hrs did not make 600 hrs and the clutch is out again! would anyone like to buy a pos tractor

McCoyKD

Equipment
Kubota L3901 w/ front end loader, grapple, finish mower& bushhog
Apr 28, 2023
Louisiana
Hello all,

Interesting, my clutch went out at 180 hours and I was told Kubota doesn't cover many clutch issues due to operator error......totally insulted, totally false, and waiting to deal with the problem now. Hope this wasn't a $45K purchase mistake!