'Check Chain' Clevis for a BX25D

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Broke two this past weekend being stupid.:eek:

These are the clevis that attach between the bottom arms and the turnbuckles. Two per side. "U" shaped clevis with a pin and a hairclip.

Anyone have a measurement? Should I just call my dealer and ask him to mail me a few? I've got a temporary quick chain link there for now. Kind of long but I was able adjust to suit.
One is still attached but so bent so much I'll have to cut it off with a dremel or other cut off wheel.

5/16~8.7mm diameter and about 1.25"~32 mm (inside) usable length?
The smallest on this page?
http://www.tractorpartsinc.com/clevises_1118_ctg.htm
Kubota part number? I tried to find the parts book page but no bueno.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I will get back to you in about an hour, need to get back home & look in the WSM. any thought of changing out to the Hodge stabilizers? Love my set & now they come in orange.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Replace with a standard hardware shackle?

chain shackle photos

Bruce
Down side to a regular shackle is the screw in pins have been known to unscrew. To solve that, you have to safety wire. Standard clevis and pin with a hairclip is more dependable. But thanks :)

parts list document for BX24 is here:
3 point hitch is the same.

http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoInde...df&AutoIndex=3546520ed634a8982227e87ee2459d77

on index left side scroll way down to 'lower link'

that will get you the Kubota p/n.
Thanks, I'll check it, hopefully there will be dimensions.

I will get back to you in about an hour, need to get back home & look in the WSM. any thought of changing out to the Hodge stabilizers? Love my set & now they come in orange.
Appreciate it.
While the Hodges are real nice, I set and forget, as the only implements I use are the back hoe or the blade. Having the clevis being the 'weak point' means nothing expensive gets bent or broken.
When I broke the clevis, I at first did not realize what broke. I thought I did some serious, expensive bending of something. Then when I saw what snapped, I was almost happy!:rolleyes:

I figure I should buy four. One for the broken one, one to replace the one that is bent but not yet snapped and a few spares because I am a slow learner.:p

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm really confused as to what you could do to break the clevis??? :confused:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I'm really confused as to what you could do to break the clevis??? :confused:
I'd of thought by now, you'd of 'seen it all'.

I got stuck on slight incline. Bottomed out on packed snow. FEL side down hill.

Neighbor popped over on his JD. I placed a chain around the pivot section of my rear blade and around the pivot section of his rear blade. We were not square to one another. He gave a few 'jerk pulls' and 'pop'!

P/N K2561-38340

Yeah, I should of hooked to the tow pin point......

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Fel? I have been in some nasty spots, including a shoreline on a lake and managed to use fel to get out.
Bad idea to tug on three point components.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Fel? I have been in some nasty spots, including a shoreline on a lake and managed to use fel to get out.
Bad idea to tug on three point components.
I was 'in too deep' FEL just compressed the snow, even on the flat of the FEL.

Winch on my PU pulled me right out.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Can't speak to the BX, but I leave a chain with a grab hook mounted on the rear of the tractor all the time. It's connected to the hitch with a big clevis & hangs from a bolt I added on the hoe. Haven't needed to be pulled, (yet) but handy as hell for other stuff. Hitch is bolted to the underside of the rear housing/diff, so it is plenty low. (bar thru hitch in drawing is the bar the lower arms are mounted on)

Attachments

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Sooo, this begs the question, where is a good spot to pull from on a BX .. esp when the backhoe is mounted?
You can get to the drawbar hole (use a recovery clevis) on the bottom. Just means you will have to get 'down in the dirt.'

My major failing was I did not pull square, both machines in perfect alignment, single plane. All the force instead was on a little clevis.

I would think a snatch strap wrapped around the boom swing pivot should be plenty strong enough. I was stuck well bottomed in mud and I just had a chain on the BH bucket. I'd like to think (famous last words) the the BH is powerful enough to toss the tractor around like a rag doll (ir can) then it can withstand pulling.

I should of used a recovery clevis. I was too laze to walk to the garage (100' away) and kneel in the snow and possibly get a (boohoo) wet knee. Before I did anything, I considered doing it the right way but poopoo'd it and went to the 'easy way'. I am a slow learner. Got out the pickup, winch recovery clevis on the bottom plate. Five minutes later, all was good.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Whaaaat, I can't be proud of being the first to come clean and admit I screwed up??? ;)
Oh yes you can, and I applaud you for admitting it! ;) :)

I'll also be the first to admit that I've done things that I later say "Ya Know I should have done that", So I fix / recover from it, Learn from it, and carry on. :p :D

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Got new parts today. Dealer ordered and fedexed them to me. A little pricier than from Messicks/Coleman but I doubt they'd of been as fast.
I had to use a cutoff wheel to remove one of the clevis as the pin was mangled and clevis itself was stretched. I bought four, now I have two spares that I will never need... :p
Fifteen minutes and I was back to 'OEM'. I also adjusted the check chains to 'pull the rear blade' more to one side, shifting the blade close to 12 inches! While it will mean only one side is really workable, I'll be able to work it a little better, I hope. :confused:
What I failed to do was compensate for the resulting tilt the shifting cause and will have to adjust the lifting arm turnbuckle accordingly to re-level the blade.:rolleyes: