cheap accessories

Swampcollie

Equipment
Mx5800, la1065 loader, rcf2772 mower, blade, disc
Aug 19, 2016
Sedalia, mot
I got an MX5800 in august and wondering what kind of relatively inexpensive gadgets you guys have gotten for your tractors that you have found useful. I have gotten the following:
1. Mr Funnel which I read about on this site. It not only filters out contaminents (including water) but it makes fueling the tractor way way easier. I can add fuel from my 5 gal containers about as fast as I can pour and can take the nozzle off the containersd. ($25)

2. Just got, but have not installed, a bucket level indicator. ($70)

3. Power washer

4. Air compressor

Swampcollie

Equipment
Aug 19, 2016
Sedalia, mot
Thanks, Hokie
That tool box looks tempting.
I have a good collection of chains and ropes and had the dealer add chain hooks prior to delivery.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
A tool box like this to replace that small plastic factory box with (mine is black though):http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/jobsmart-steel-hip-roof-box-16-in-l-red

Several of these plus some short pieces of 4" pipe to turn those tubes in the loader and loader mounts into storage for chain or anything else that will fit:https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-4-Dia-PVC-Test-Plug-Fitting/3880611

If buying chain go ahead and get 3/8" grade 70 so you don't have to worry about breaking it. I got a 20 ft length and cut a 5 ft and 15 ft out of it so I would have a short and long piece, and I'm thinking of adding a 10 ft length for when the 5 ft isn't long enough.

Swampcollie

Equipment
Aug 19, 2016
Sedalia, mot
Thanks, deerslayer
Think im good on chain, but upgrading the oem toolbox is a need

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
yeah, I don't know whom at kubota thought that tool box was even remotely acceptable....but I feel like my wallet holds more tools/sheer pins etc. I would personally like an old school red one like that. I know many use old ammo cans to replace it. I've found I run my chain around the 2 supports on my box blade's 2 center supports and hang on the back plate. that works really well, plus it adds some decent weight for ballast and making the box work better. 3 25' 3/8" 70 grade chains are a decent amount of ballast.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
yeah, I don't know whom at kubota thought that tool box was even remotely acceptable....but I feel like my wallet holds more tools/sheer pins etc. I would personally like an old school red one like that. I know many use old ammo cans to replace it. I've found I run my chain around the 2 supports on my box blade's 2 center supports and hang on the back plate. that works really well, plus it adds some decent weight for ballast and making the box work better. 3 25' 3/8" 70 grade chains are a decent amount of ballast.
I've got a couple of ammo boxes too. The toolbox has a tray though, so I can keep larger things under the tray and smaller, more frequently needed items on the tray.

SkylineAcres16

Equipment
Kubota MX5800 HST, International B-275 Diesel
Sep 3, 2016
Virginia
Put a SAE cable on your battery permanently. The hard wired ones usually come with Battery Tenders. You can use it to hook a battery tender up to to keep your battery up but you can also use it for other things. You can get all kinds of adapters for SAE cable's. I charge my phone and hook up a speaker while doing fence work (tractor not moving, drilling a hole every hour or so is all) using an SAE to USB connector.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I second skylines recommendation. a battery tender will keep your 12v batteries alive for much much longer, it can even bring back an otherwise unrecoverable battery. although I admittedly didn't think about charging phones, or using for speaker.