Changing from Bucket to Forks to Grapple

Operator...Error

Equipment
Kubota M7060 Ductape, Hammer, and Shovel
Oct 17, 2013
Springfield, Louisiana
Does anyone have a tip on how to change from one FEL implement to another when you can't see the contact point? I had a L2800 and switching was easy. Now with the M7060 I can not see what I am doing. Any advise would be helpful. I do manage to get them connected but not without tearing up the ground and having to get on and off the tractor.
-Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Install a camera or mirror maybe?

And this was good for a laugh:

Equipment: Kubota M7060, Ductape, Hammer, and Shovel

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Does anyone have a tip on how to change from one FEL implement to another when you can't see the contact point? I had a L2800 and switching was easy. Now with the M7060 I can not see what I am doing. Any advise would be helpful. I do manage to get them connected but not without tearing up the ground and having to get on and off the tractor.
-Mike
when you take off the implement set it up on blocks high enough to see. That make reattaching a lot easier.

jcummins

Equipment
Kubota M7040, F3680, JD Gator 855D
Oct 19, 2013
Creal Springs, IL
When you take an attachment off note the angle you have with the level bucket indicator...that sliding rod....I sorta memorized where the rod is needed for different attachments. Then set in that position, keep fel low, when you touch the attachment, lift, then knurl. Works for me, but I'll admit it took some concentration before I got it.

moondog933

Equipment
M7040,Landpride Cutter RCF 2784,FEL LA 1153,FORKS PFL 3048,John Deere MX10
Jul 26, 2013
oberlin, la.
I put all my implements on seperate wood pallets, I make sure the pallet is on decent level ground same as tractor. I generaly position my FEL to level and tilt down a little. When you approach the implement you will be able to tell if you are too far over to one side or the other because you will start pushing the implement on that side. Once I know I have it aligned i raise the FEL and the implement will start to raise in a level condition, I simply start to curl the FEL without raising the FEL too high, you will be able to see if you have both bevels of the FEL hooked under the implement. I normaly shake the angle of the attachment to make sure it is seated fully. Get down and set the locks.:)

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Operator...Error
AW just get your wife(girlfriend) to direct you while you're attempting the attachment change. That will give you & her some NICE BONDING time:D.

I marked my bucket & rd bale spears with alignment paint marks which makes for easier attaching.