changing fittings on third function, straight to 90°

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have the Land Pride third function kit, https://www.messicks.com/part/380-168a/b2650-b3350-third-function-valve-kit.

For my application, the straight fittings at the valve are wrong, they need to be 45° or 90° but I do not know how to determine their size.

How do I, without removing them, determine the correct size/configuration so I can find them online or ask the local supply house?

Thanks

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Orange1,
I'm not familiar with that kit but, it looks like a straight pipe thread nipple between the valve and male coupler.
Since it doesn't sound like you're familiar with pipe sizes, google 'pipe size chart' it'll give you nominal OD of the pipe. Just guessing but, looks to be 3/8 or 1/2" but, you'll need to measure to be sure.
I'd think you'll want a swivel on 1 end so you can clock the male coupler to your desired location. Something like the fittings in the link shown below to replace the straight nipples between the valve and male couplers.
Hope this helps.
Regards.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
On my 2610 with summit 3rd function, I used a few 90’s on the valve block as well. Mine were 3/8’s JIC.
View attachment 49739

In this photo, I want to change the top/red capped fittings.
Hoses going straight up have no support. they would be better horizontal vs vertical, for me at least.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
In this photo, I want to change the top/red capped fittings.
Hoses going straight up have no support. they would be better horizontal vs vertical, for me at least.
EF3D21EF-EF43-4779-906F-C320EDBCB21F.png

Here is the summit parts list. They are 1/2” couplers. Could be pipe or JIC threads, I can’t remember.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
From what i understand by looking at this and my kit, they are not completely the same, at least on the electronics side for sure.

Maybe the hydraulic side is the same sizing on the fittings.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
From what i understand by looking at this and my kit, they are not completely the same, at least on the electronics side for sure.

Maybe the hydraulic side is the same sizing on the fittings.
I would almost bet the hydraulic fittings are the same as the fittings on our Summit kits. The fittings you are talking about are (on our kits) #8 SAE ORB (O-ring Boss) male fittings. If your Land Pride kit has already been installed.....those fittings are underneath your quick couplers.

It's easy to remove them (lefty loosy) and they're reuseable. Uncoupling your hoses after relieving any hydraulic pressure in them will allow you to remove either fitting from the valve block with minimal fluid loss. Just put a clean rag around the block/fitting. Separate the quick coupler from that fitting and bring both to your hydraulic parts store to determine what you need to make your hose routing idea work. Or, once you have that fitting in your hands, you can properly search for the right adapters online to make it work for you. You could even pick up some spare o-rings for them at the same time.

At any rate, don't be scared to take one set of those fittings off the block to determine exactly what you have. Just keep things clean and any openings covered up til you put things back together.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I would almost bet the hydraulic fittings are the same as the fittings on our Summit kits. The fittings you are talking about are (on our kits) #8 SAE ORB (O-ring Boss) male fittings. If your Land Pride kit has already been installed.....those fittings are underneath your quick couplers.

It's easy to remove them (lefty loosy) and they're reuseable. Uncoupling your hoses after relieving any hydraulic pressure in them will allow you to remove either fitting from the valve block with minimal fluid loss. Just put a clean rag around the block/fitting. Separate the quick coupler from that fitting and bring both to your hydraulic parts store to determine what you need to make your hose routing idea work. Or, once you have that fitting in your hands, you can properly search for the right adapters online to make it work for you. You could even pick up some spare o-rings for them at the same time.

At any rate, don't be scared to take one set of those fittings off the block to determine exactly what you have. Just keep things clean and any openings covered up til you put things back together.

Thanks to all.

Not scared to do it and am familiar with pipe sizing, but was unsure of how these were sized.
Not scared to remove them from the body or fittings, was just hoping to be able to buy what I needed and swap them out. Stores are about an hour drive one way.

I took a trip, it was on the way, by a local farm store and they did not have a great selection.

Looks like the best thing will be to disassemble them and take them with me to the supply place.

Reactions: 1 user

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Check out THIS LINK FOR PARTS LIST. Look towards the end of the document for the parts list.

I have that, but without the parts list, so THANKS!!!

Funny thing, I went and looked at mine and there is a fitting between the hose and coupler, 19 & 26, from 1/2 to 3/8.
thumbnail.jpg
1thumbnail.jpg
2thumbnail.jpg

Last edited: