Changing buckets on L2501

blktipton

Dec 22, 2015
US
I finally received my stump bucket from legend attachments today. I am cutting a new driveway and needed more than the standard bucket for scrub oak and rocks. My issue is, when I was changing buckets, my left side of the attachment receiver on the tractor was lower than the right. It was cold out and I had just started the tractor. As it warmed up it seemed to get better, but still slightly off when I swapped out the buckets again. Has anyone else has this issue? Is there some kind of regulator or adjustment for the hydraulics to evenly control both sides? Or is the cold effecting the hydraulics? To be more clear, its as if the curl is in a slightly different position on either side. The weight of the bucket straightens it out, but it makes it challenging to attach.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you look closely, they are connected together via the connecting tube, so it won't matter how warm it gets.

What you are having a problem with is the pads are out of snyc with one another, either it's been bent very common or it was put together wrong from the start, also very common.

Several ways to fix it.
#1 Call the dealer and have them fix it.
#2 Attach a chain or strap to the tractor and then to the pad that is farther forward and gently roll the bucket control down thus holding the leading pad, and pushing out the trailing pad aligning them.
#3 Attach a strap or chain to a big tree or something very solid or heavy to the pad that is closer to the tractor, then gently roll the bucket control up thus holding that pad and pulling the other pad back towards that tractor aligning the two.

blktipton

Dec 22, 2015
US
I was able to align them with keeping the forward pad in place, strapped to the tractor and lowering until the other one caught up. I suspect I initially did it when I first took the bucket off and one pin was not completely released from the attachment. I hope they are not overly sensitive to this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk