CaveCreekRay-R U Alright?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey!!!!......CaveCreekRay!!!!!........Were you able to save yourself and everything Orange??? Just saw this weather report from your neck of the woods!!

http://watchthis.net/just-glitch-weatherman-played-along-beautifully/
Ron
I don't think that was much of a glitch, I think they were just doing a too early summer forecast.
For those of you that have not had the "enjoyment" of living in Phoenix in the summer, set you oven to around 140f, crawl in and jog in place for an hour! :eek::p;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I don't think that was much of a glitch, I think they were just doing a too early summer forecast.
For those of you that have not had the "enjoyment" of living in Phoenix in the summer, set you oven to around 140f, crawl in and jog in place for an hour! :eek::p;)
Gets close to that here, with highs around 135 :( Old shop we were in had one bay door facing the wrong direction to catch a breeze, and one pass door. Definitely know the meaning of sweat shop!!! Thermometer would peg out at 140 by noon inside the shop when it was 110 outside. We would go in at 5am and hammer through till 11am, get all repairs done and pray for road calls, or no calls after one so we could call it a day.

New shop has 7 bay doors :cool:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Corey is pretty hilarious... We watch him most mornings for the local weather. He is pretty hard to mess up.

Yeah after all these years in the desert, after it gets over 2900, you just don't notice it anymore. :) My brother in L.A. said "Imagine how hot 2900 make the inside of your car!" i told him that is why we all use window shades in summer...

I think what happened is, for some reason the computer substituted the elevations for the temps. That is why we like Cave Creek. Its about 6 degrees cooler than Phoenix and we don't have the concrete "heat mass" that downtown does. Things cool off at night up here.

My barn has no air conditioning and peak heat inside in July never gets above 90. With zero humidity, that feels like 84. Not bad really. I rebuilt my smashed Kubota hood in July in the mornings and had no problem working from 5:00 AM to 11:00 before it started getting a little warm.

You just avoid being out during peak heat (mid day to 6 pm) unless on a motorcycle, sopping wet. Then its awesome for the ten minutes it takes you to dry off. Then you get "toasty."

I am not kidding.

I'll get cabin fever and run to the post office around 3pm on my scooter. I completely sop my shirt and most of my shorts. Don't even ring them out. I literally freeze for the first 3-4 minutes. In 15 minutes, I am back home completely dry. You couldn't do that in a hot dryer.

We got another inch+ of rain the last two days. The wildflowers this Spring are going to be amazing!

:)

Last edited:

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
But it's a "dry heat". :rolleyes: And the winters are brutal. We're having a major winter storm right now. Drizzling rain for 2 days and high temps that aren't quite making it into the 70s. I hear they are considering declaring a state of emergency due to the severe winter weather we are having.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'll get cabin fever and run to the post office around 3pm on my scooter. I completely sop my shirt and most of my shorts. Don't even ring them out. I literally freeze for the first 3-4 minutes. In 15 minutes, I am back home completely dry. You couldn't do that in a hot dryer.
In this city (Phoenix metro) I never ride without protective gear. There are 2 kinds of riders, those who have been down, and those who will. Well, the third kind that buy a bike and never actually ride. I have been down, more than once, and the drivers in this city are some of the most distracted and outright stupid I've ever seen. Anyway, I wear GX-Air gear with full CE armor. I have a vest I wear in the summer. One of those evap cooling rigs full of hydroscopic gel beads that you soak for 2 minutes and put on. It stays damp and cool for hours. And the air flow of the GX-Air gear keeps it pretty darn nice up past 105... until you get stopped in traffic in full sun with no air flow at all, then it's not nice. I stop riding in the day around 110+.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
the drivers in this city are some of the most distracted and outright stupid I've ever seen.
Amen brother, but you forgot malicious!
until you get stopped in traffic in full sun with no air flow at all, then it's not nice.
Amen again brother!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
But it's a "dry heat". :rolleyes: And the winters are brutal. We're having a major winter storm right now. Drizzling rain for 2 days and high temps that aren't quite making it into the 70s. I hear they are considering declaring a state of emergency due to the severe winter weather we are having.
Wow!thats cold. I might go out in long pants. Try going down about 100 degrees colder. we get into the minus 30's for a couple weeks here, then it cools off a little.

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Since they did away with emissions testing for scooters, that is four trips a year I no longer make south of Carefree Highway risking my life in PHX traffic on a bike. Imagine mixing it up with rush hour traffic on a plum colored Vespa 150? Those things are scary enough but, my wife HAD to have one.

I stick in town for short errands only. Homey 'Po is as far as I go! The good news is Cave Creek is a bike mecca. People are very bike "aware." You still have to play "DEATH RACE 2000" though. Inattention kills.

Last edited:

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Wow!thats cold. I might go out in long pants. Try going down about 100 degrees colder. we get into the minus 30's for a couple weeks here, then it cools off a little.
Eh, no big deal. My wife is in Fairbanks with my daughter and new grandson. I think it was a bit below -40 yesterday, they've been having a mild winter so far. We don't do anything half way. ;)