Category 1/2 3 point hitch?

GamblerAcres

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio
The MX series has a cat 1/2 hitch. Can I still use my category 1 implements? Do I need to make any modifications? Thanks.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
I use primarily CAT 1 implements w/ my MX. I changed the lift pins on my CAT 2 Implements, to CAT 1 pins.

I use PAT's quick attach lower links adapters, in the CAT 2 format, attaching to tractor swivels, with the receiving saddles built for CAT 1.

With PAT's telescoping width adjustment bar, the alignment to your implement is always perfect.

Bushings work, but they get lost, just always remember to place them in toolbox if not needed.

There is a newer brand of quick lower link hitch made by field tuff, that I like. Going to buy a pair for Christmas to me, to use on the IH. They have the necessary adjustment screws, similar to PAT's, which are lacking in the inexpensive TITAN version.

No telescoping width adjustment bar but I can use the bar from PAT's on both.

The field turf models available from Amazon and rural king.

NOTE: If U purchase a MX. Buy at least one rear remove valve for a hydraulic top link. An invaluable feature. There are very inexpensive and functional top link solutions from surplus center. The "dedicated" top links are more expensive than necessary and too short for CAT 2 arm length. A cylinder w/ swivel eyes, both ends, meets the requirement.

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
If you buy a CAT1/2 hitch from Kubota, they should come with the bushings. Mine came with them. That said, cheap enough otherwise. It just reduces the CAT2 sized pin holes to CAT1 size..simple to add and remove. Just make sure they don't stick out the side of the ball..or you will sheer one off and have issues!