Can you move a deck forward?

Rleite

Equipment
BX1880, tiller, box blade, furrowing plow
May 12, 2022
Loxahatchee, Florida
Hi. I have a bx1880 with slightly oversized tires on it. I'm wanting to put 2 Inch spacers on the rear wheels to help with stability but my tires would hit the wheel bracket on the mower deck. Is there any way to move the mower deck forward without having to cut and fabricate stuff?
Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I bought 1.5 spacers for my BX1850 ..... similar is size and shape as yours. I too thought bigger tires would rub - they did not, not even close when deck is raised.

I would find a way to move the anti-scalp wheel forward or remove.

Moving the deck forward is not a possibility.

What tires did you place on it btw?

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I take it that you have the 48 in.deck like me. My pictures with no spacers show that the bracket clears but the anti scalp roller would not. Before I found out that the bigger tires would fit with no problem, I was planning on using a 2 in. dia. by 1 in thick steel cylinder to space the roller further out. But with no wheel spacer, it was not necessary in my case.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Anything is possible if you have the time, the right tools, and the inclination. I doubt you can do it without cutting, drilling and fabricating.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I realize it involves cutting and welding, but much simpler than moving the deck forward. I cut a V out of the anti-scalping wheel brackets and bent them outward, welded them back together and drilled a new hole in it to keep the wheel in line

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I realize it involves cutting and welding, but much simpler than moving the deck forward. I cut a V out of the anti-scalping wheel brackets and bent them outward, welded them back together and drilled a new hole in it to keep the wheel in line
Since you used the past tense, I assume you have done this?

How about some pictures? I was thinking of moving the mower deck rear anti scalp wheels on my BX mower, so I could use wider wheel spacers, but did not come up with such a simple solution, if it works out geometrically.