Can I get someone to sanity check my understanding of hydraulic connections?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It makes me feel a bit better that others see it as a little wonky.

For the record, if the backhoe is installed then the directions have the 3rd function valve installed between the "P" connections on the block and the FEL (the orange connections above). If it is NOT installed then it is as per my diagram. The dealer installed backhoe is where the green ones are.

The T & P connections to my 3rd F valve sure seem to be backwards to me too. Is it reasonable to suspect that it is just a flow-through from one to the other (with the valves tapping the pressure) so it makes no difference the direction?

I sincerely appreciate all the input. This has forced me to understand the system a little better and you all have helped. I'll let you know how it all works out when I get my grapple.
The valve is a standard commodity designed to flow from P to T and not the other way around. I have no idea why anyone would instruct you to hook it up backwards. Landpride does the same thing with the instructions in their kits. I would welcome a good explanation. Absent one I would hook it up P->T.

Dan

Virtual Guy

Equipment
Kubota L2501, loader, Land Pride box blade and grapple, John Deere MX5 cutter
Jul 17, 2022
Osage County Oklahoma
I pretty much went by the book using the Summit instructions way back when, but the section specific to also having a BH. I’m not certain at this point if my kit (valve parts and instructions) are even the same as the OP’s.
Back up in Post#7 is a snip from the instructions I had—they seem to go from the hydraulic block-P out to the 3rd Function Valve-P_port, and then going to the FEL.
I can definitely confirm though over the few years mine has been setup per Summit’s instructions, I’ve never had any trouble at all when using my BH77, my FEL, my Grapple (when attached), and now my Kubota Rear Remotes.
Maybe that's what I should have done. It all went to crap when I started trying to understand it. :LOL:

I'll admit that my backhoe lines threw me a little. NOW I get that they are just a long version of what would have been a short hose between two points. I just missed that piece at first.

Also, regarding that page with the green and orange, they sent me those directions printed in black and white. That didn't help. :rolleyes: They did email me a copy after the fact.