Can a L2501 Lift a 1200lb large bale 6 inches off of the ground.

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
I did try to read this thread in its entirety, but the last page I skimmed over. Apologies.

But thinking about the OP's post, he was asking if he could lift a round bale 6" ( yes, inches) and not 6 feet.

Not sure if this makes a difference in the replies...but is seems like some here think that 6" might not be a problem. While more might be...
Here is me lifting 1400+ LB 5+ foot in the air today.

Sack of sand aggregate 1000-1200 LB (depends on how wet…it was wet) + 375 pallet forks. Tractor has quick attach too.

Moving it around at this height is do-able on flat grade, but tractor backend feels too light for comfort and it wouldn’t be safe on slopes. If I lower it to transport of around 2 feet, it’s easy and face to move around even at decent slope. You need to be gentle with the loader stick as this weight moved to rapidly upsets the tractor.

I have moved similar, but plus up to 500 lb…no problem as long as it’s low to ground. Around 2k, the curl looses steam and you can only lift a few inch off the ground…I had 2 of those sacks and wanted to show how it can lift both on a pallet, however these were wet (+up to 200 lb each or 400 total). It was able to lift enough to move it around, but it was dragging…this is 2750 LB…I moved ~2000 LB (20 80lb bags of concrete, or half a pallet, + forks) some weeks ago. If the sacks were dry, it probably would be fine. Definitely 2k up front even low doesn’t feel safe though.

1200 LB NO PROBLEM. Note I have backhoe as ballast and filled tires. The limiting factor is the rear weight and definitely DONT try even 1k without rear ballast.

Attachments

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
Here is lift height unloading off a Toyota tundra truck. Not enough to get it (1000-1200 lb sack of sand + 375 forks) off the side, but more than enough to get it out the back.

Also note I’m lifting from top straps. It’s easier to lift using pallet and under…get more height doing that. From top is worse case and it still does it fine.

Attachments