can a 6 ft V4290 blade with a quick attach be used on BX1870 tractor

Jimmymac

Equipment
RTV 500
May 16, 2013
Caribou, ME
I have found used V4290 6 ft blade with a quick attach. The seller assures me it would attach to a BX1870 tractor but i heard from others that a 6 ft blade is too big and too heavy for the BX1870. Which is correct? Your imput is apparently. I need to decide if I should buy it or not.
Jim

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Will it work, yes
Will it work properly. nope.
Your lacking enough HP and mass to use a blade like that.

Reactions: 1 user

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Google says it's a snow plow blade..so...
sure, it'll 'attach' but you won't be pushing ANY snow with it, well unless you cut 2 FEET off it.
You've got maybe 18HP, ,typical of a 'riding lawn mower' and you never see any of them with a 6 FOOT wide snow plow on them.Typically they're 40-42" wide,just a little bit wider than the 'track'( overall tire width.
IF you cut it down to 4' AND put 100-150# of weight out back, it MIGHT push reasonably 'ok' but NOT on an angle ! You'll move sideways NOT the snow....

zoombats

Equipment
B8200, BX23S
Feb 2, 2019
penetanguishene ontario Canada
I use a 4' scraper blade on my. BX23S. It was marked as a Yanmar blade and and I presume from the pins it had been used on a smaller tractor. It is a very robust unit and I got it for a couple of hundred bucks. I have moved tons of driveway pack and graded for my driveway and with the addition of shoes it is a pretty decent snow removal tool

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
ALL the hits, even Messicks, show a V4290 to be a front mounted snow pusher blade,which is a totally different implement than '3PH rear blade'. OP mentions 'quick attach' which I also assume to mean SSQA,so isn't this really a front mounted blade ??

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
As GreensvilleJay mentioned I think this is a front mounted snow plow but I am not assuming the quick attach is a SSQA for loader. When I google I come up with picture of a quick attach much like the style used for mounting a snowblower to a BX machine. A lot of the hits for this snowplow looks as if the most common use is on Kubota's line of UTV's.

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 8.48.09 AM.png

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have a Tartor 5 ft blade (Country Line) and my BX doesn’t really lift it high enough to avoid dragging it when going through a moderate dip. Mine has a second top link attachment fot a sub-compact tractor too. I’d say dont go larger. Mine is ok in other ways. This would be my first choice at T-S: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-sub-compact-rear-blade-4-ft-rbsc4cl
No affront intended,....... but nothing made by Tarter Gate, at T-S, would be my "first choice".
Cheapest .......probably!
Best/first choice......Everything Attachments.
I have had BOTH!

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Just picked up a 6 foot back blade for my 1880. Lifts fine. Will see how it does this winter. If it becomes problematic, I’ll trim it down to five feet. Did test it out on my gravel driveway without any issues. Have a 5 footer that works good but the bottom pins are too narrow for my 3 point quick attach. Try it for now. adjust if it doesn’t work. If Kens posting of the schematic is correct, looks to be a front mount. May be a bit heavy for the loader. If it’s possible, maybe put a 3 point on it and use it pushing snow backwards and keep your front bucket on to pile the snow. Good luck.

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab
No affront intended,....... but nothing made by Tarter Gate, at T-S, would be my "first choice".
Cheapest .......probably!
Best/first choice......Everything Attachments.
I have had BOTH!
I agree. I have had 5 or 6 rear blades over my tractor experience. None have failed. All bowed the blade after time due to my use of them to dislodge stumps that were beyond my tractor('s) capability and using the end to pop out rocks. All but this one were on much larger 2 and 4 WD machines. This little blade has done yeoman’s work on my BX1870 even pulling a few stumps and catching the end on rocks that didn’t move. There are better products I am sure but let's remember what it is hitched to. This tiny tractor is never going to harm it. Sometimes “good ‘nuff” is satisfactory and this one is more than that. I bought it second hand but unused for $325. CHEAPER than CHEAPEST! The same sized Everything Attachment rear blade for sub compacts lists for $905.65 (on sale saving take off $50 right now.)