bx8160 hst fan via drive shaft method

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
bx1860 hst fan via drive shaft method

A stick just got past my aftermarket skid plate and totaled my HST fan.

Has anyone done the HST fan on an 1860 via the drive shaft removal method? I have seen it done on bx2x series but I think they are longer tractors (which might not matter).

Trying to avoid the insanity of pulling everything apart.

Last edited:

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
Re: bx1860 hst fan via drive shaft method

I had to take off the fenders, foot board, and pull the engine out about 3-4 inches.

No way to cheat this on an bx1860 that I could figure out.

kenbx1860

Mar 31, 2015
canada
Re: bx1860 hst fan via drive shaft method

I had to take off the fenders, foot board, and pull the engine out about 3-4 inches.

No way to cheat this on an bx1860 that I could figure out.
Yes I did all that to change the boot seals a few years ago. Took me about 13 hrs in shop. Got a chain hoist out of the deal. Front boot when again and changed it by only taking the motor out and up. About 4 hours and no other way on this tractor I agree.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The drive shaft won't move forward enough to get the fan off. I find it much easier to remove the engine. Then the shaft comes out, then you change the fan. The ones I laugh about are the ones who cut a big gaping hole in their floorboards.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Some time ago there was a thread on this forum that showed how to replace the HST fan by cutting the new fan and slipping it over the drive shaft and installing an aluminum piece to join the fan back together. If you search this forum you may be able to find that thread. That was about 2 years ago. If I find that thread I will post back with the link.