BX80 series dealer installed cabs

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Some pictures of the dealer installed cab for the BX80 series.

First impressions:
- Loud! Need to get some noise cancelling headphones
- field of view is decreased. As to be expected
- plenty of room
- Curtis cab brought in to Kubota
- Oh crap handles are gone. [emoji45]
- ROPS exposed enough for toolbox mounts or whatever.

Last edited:

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Awesome. Looks great. Can you post a picture of the dash? I want to see what this new tach looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have a picture handy but trapperdrew posted one of his teach some time ago here:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=224449
If I may ask ,it cost you how much?
According to my quote sheet, the cab was $5,949 installed. Includes front and rear wiper and heater.

I had the dealer add lights. That wss another $200 and most of that was labor. They are wired into the switch panel in one of the pictures above. I'm hoping to be able to add rear lights and a backup camera wired into the switch panel.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Further review:

- Impossible to fill the fuel tank with a can. I have an eagle no-spill can....or whatever it's called. Cant pour past 1/2 the can. I will need to figure something out to pump fuel in. Lovely.
- The latch to release the hood is buried. Luckily I have small hands.
- Rotating the seat for backhoe work isn't exactly seamless. The seat has to be raised to the correct elevation to have room to rotate.

Some pretty poor design choices. Not going to complain come winter though.

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
Looks Nice !!! How are you liking your 23s thus far? (I'm looking at getting one)

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Love it! It definitely punches above its weight. So handy to have around.

FUSE

Equipment
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
Would like to hear an update on your cab thoughts now that you've had it for a while longer...about to sign the final papers on my BX23s and keep contemplating if I should get the cab or not

TheDon81

Equipment
Hopefully a BX23S soon
Jun 13, 2017
Pelham, NH
I think the cab looks better than the Curtis cab, I wish they made one that can come on and off with some quick flips of a clamp. Kind of like a Jeep top or what Polaris does for their cabs on their side by sides

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Curtis is making them for Kubota. A much nicer design now. I agree, it would be nice make it more modular than just the doors coming off, and the back on the BX23S.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Would like to hear an update on your cab thoughts now that you've had it for a while longer...about to sign the final papers on my BX23s and keep contemplating if I should get the cab or not
I'm happy I got it. I'll be happier come winter. If I had to make the choice again, I would get it

Pros:
- will be warm and dry in winter while plowing. With heat!!
- it came with 4 slots in the top "dash" to place switches and 4 or 5 holes for circuit breakers (No need to put holes in the dash or some other mounting method for additional lights)
- doors come off easily (be careful of the little spacers that the door rides on). Rear window is also fairly easy to remove.
- FEL removal levers are still accessible from the seat (other than the hydraulic manifold)
- I have a backup camera that I plan to mount to make hooking up the backhoe and 3pt hitch implements easier. The display will be inside and dry.
- the doors open easily

Cons:
- I still need to put together a solution for fueling the tractor. It is almost impossible to get fuel in with my current can/spout combo with two extensions added to the funnel Neill add pictures later)
- can't remove the cab for summer
- it kind of makes the tractor look smaller for some reason
- you'll want the doors off for mowing. It gets loud in there
- hood release lever is somewhat hidden adding difficulty to opening (Will add pictures later)

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I think the cab looks better than the Curtis cab, I wish they made one that can come on and off with some quick flips of a clamp. Kind of like a Jeep top or what Polaris does for their cabs on their side by sides

Yes, it is a Curtis cab. Would be nice if they made it so it could come off completely but I think I understand why they didn't. It's a pretty tightly sealed unit. Making it removable would require some considerable gaps/clearances to make. I'm happy with it just the same.
Curtis is making them for Kubota. A much nicer design now. I agree, it would be nice make it more modular than just the doors coming off, and the back on the BX23S.

FUSE

Equipment
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
Appreciate the reply! How are the noise levels with the mower deck not engaged? I had a cab on my old Allis Chalmers and it was terribly loud just driving it around

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Appreciate the reply! How are the noise levels with the mower deck not engaged? I had a cab on my old Allis Chalmers and it was terribly loud just driving it around
I'd say it's loud but tolerable. Certainly louder than without the cab. I just put in some noise cancelling headphones and go on my way. Barely noticeable then.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
How is the cab in the heat of the Summer? I have the B2650 with factory cab and I use the A/C way more than I thought I would. It can be cool outside and sunny and I get hot in there without the air on. My brother-in-law is looking at a heater only cab and we would like to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
How is the cab in the heat of the Summer? I have the B2650 with factory cab and I use the A/C way more than I thought I would. It can be cool outside and sunny and I get hot in there without the air on. My brother-in-law is looking at a heater only cab and we would like to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks
To me, it isn't too bad. I take the doors off, which definitely helps with both the heat and the noise. On the BX23S, the rear window also comes off, which i do as well. Plenty of air flow for me. When its cooler out, the windows slide open. Thats good enough in the spring and fall where i live.