BX5450 Front Snowblower

Gkent

Equipment
Bx2370
Feb 12, 2021
Horseheads, NY
BX5450 - 50" Snowblower with a BX2753 Drive Kit For Sale. Used only a couple times $2200. DSCN0491.JPG DSCN0492.JPG DSCN0493.JPG

Last edited:

clandestoy

Equipment
Kubota BX2370, 60" Mid-Mount Mower, GCK60-23BX Grass Catcher, B2750D Snow Blower
May 13, 2021
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
GKent,

Hello. Is this unit still available? Can you tell me what tractor you had this mounted on and if you have the mounting hardware for it such as the Hydraulic Lift Quick Hitch, Mounts And Shafts ?

I see the long drive shaft, and something in a plastic shopping bag, but do not see any of the other hardware in the pictures.

Regards,

Cesar

Gkent

Equipment
Bx2370
Feb 12, 2021
Horseheads, NY
GKent,

Hello. Is this unit still available? Can you tell me what tractor you had this mounted on and if you have the mounting hardware for it such as the Hydraulic Lift Quick Hitch, Mounts And Shafts ?

I see the long drive shaft, and something in a plastic shopping bag, but do not see any of the other hardware in the pictures.

Regards,

Cesar
Yes it is still available. I had it on a BX2370. The drive Kit is included but I no longer have the quick hitch.

Gary

clandestoy

Equipment
Kubota BX2370, 60" Mid-Mount Mower, GCK60-23BX Grass Catcher, B2750D Snow Blower
May 13, 2021
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Yes it is still available. I had it on a BX2370. The drive Kit is included but I no longer have the quick hitch.

Gary

Gary,

Thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know the part number of the quick hitch unit this blower requires, and also post or text me a picture of the drive kit? Is there anything else required to mount and operate it? I have tried searching and found several quick hitches for Kubota, but it is really difficult to find compatibility information for their earlier model equipment. I need to find out the availability and cost of it, most quick hitch units I saw run around $900.00.

If I can figure out what quick hitch unit and any other accessories this blower needs. What is your best cash price for the unit?

I will be up near Delhi, NY this Saturday. If we can agree on a price, I would like to see if we can meet so I can purchase it. If you like, you can call me at 845-249-5534 any day from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern. I work on my phone so please leave a message if I do not pick up, I will call you back as soon as I get a break.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,

Cesar

Gkent

Equipment
Bx2370
Feb 12, 2021
Horseheads, NY
Gary,

Thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know the part number of the quick hitch unit this blower requires, and also post or text me a picture of the drive kit? Is there anything else required to mount and operate it? I have tried searching and found several quick hitches for Kubota, but it is really difficult to find compatibility information for their earlier model equipment. I need to find out the availability and cost of it, most quick hitch units I saw run around $900.00.

If I can figure out what quick hitch unit and any other accessories this blower needs. What is your best cash price for the unit?

I will be up near Delhi, NY this Saturday. If we can agree on a price, I would like to see if we can meet so I can purchase it. If you like, you can call me at 845-249-5534 any day from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern. I work on my phone so please leave a message if I do not pick up, I will call you back as soon as I get a break.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,

Cesar
The only thing you need is a BX2751 quick hitch. Messicks quoted me $809. I got a price from AJ's Equipment in Mansfield Pa. for $650.

I would take $2000. cash for the blower.

Thank you,

Gary

clandestoy

Equipment
May 13, 2021
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
The only thing you need is a BX2751 quick hitch. Messicks quoted me $809. I got a price from AJ's Equipment in Mansfield Pa. for $650.

I would take $2000. cash for the blower.

Thank you,

Gary

Gary,

I am interested. Any chance you can give me a call so we can discuss?

clandestoy

Equipment
May 13, 2021
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
I haven't heard back from him since thurs. First one with cash gets it.

Thanks, Gary

Gary,

I apologize for the delayed reply, I have been dealing with some "Life issues". I am going to pass on the snow blower, Messicks is having supply line issues with the quick hitch and does not know when they will be able to get it in.

Regards,

Cesar

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I can't tell you all the part numbers, however, you will need a quick hitch and a drive kit to go with the quick hitch, and a driveshaft to hook that up to your tractor. In theory, the hitch will fit from the original BX series starting around 2003 up to and including the new BX80 series starting in 2017 to the present. The only thing that I can see as a problem, is that with that quick hitch, it will not be possible to open the hood on the BX80 series tractors. I have no experience with the BX24 or 25 tractors, so I can't comment on those. Most times you don't find the quick hitch separately but are sold as part of a unit. That hitch was also used with the plow, less the driveline kit, and shaft.
The snowblower will fit a K-Connect system on a BX 80 series if you change out the mounting system for the K-Connect mounting and replace the internally splined drive connector for the drive for the K-Connect drive part. My guess is those parts alone will cost you $350-$400 unless you can find them used. I doubt that the dealers will tell you this information since they want to sell new equipment, rather than parts to complete a conversion from the old to the new.
If I can find the time, I will post some pictures of the parts that were removed from a BX 80 series snowblower, and replaced with the older parts from a 15-year-old snowblower.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That's a really good snow blower. I ran the same model on my BX25D for five winters and it worked really well. I even bought the hydraulic chute rotation kit to run off the 3rd function but sold the tractor before I got around to installing it.

I posted this link in another thread but here it is in action a few years ago.

Gkent

Equipment
Bx2370
Feb 12, 2021
Horseheads, NY
That's a really good snow blower. I ran the same model on my BX25D for five winters and it worked really well. I even bought the hydraulic chute rotation kit to run off the 3rd function but sold the tractor before I got around to installing it.

I posted this link in another thread but here it is in action a few years ago.

Do you still have the rotation kit? Is it for sale?

Gary

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I asked the same question in a private message because I didn't think that the whole world needed to know the answer. I guess that I was wrong. He replied to me NO, and now everyone knows that it isn't available.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Do you still have the rotation kit? Is it for sale?

Gary
I apologize for the late reply but as @DustyRusty stated, I don't have it anymore. I returned it to the dealership for a full refund when I sold the BX.