BX2826 V Plow for a BX80 Series Tractor

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have been thinking about this V plow for a while now and was wondering if anyone on these forums has one mounted to their BX 80 series tractor. I have looked at the parts breakdown and I can't figure out if it fits the standard K Connect or requires a totally different type of mounting system. At $4282, it is the most expensive plow system that Kubota offers for the BX tractor. I would love to see the installation and owner's manuals to figure out all the details of the design. I have been enamored by V plows since I first used one more than 50 years ago. Back then they were a crude design but they did open the roads when nothing else could get down the road.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats kinda neat ,,, but not 4k worth of neat,,, just MHO

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
YEESH, the hydraulic valve assy is $1900 !!!!
sure seems 'over kill' for pushing a few snowflakes a couple times of the year to me....

being a dinosaur I thought V-plow was like the ones on a steam locomotive.......

Stew

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 8, 2018
MA
You'll need the same BX2810 4-point front hitch as you would for most other front attachments for the 80 series. I have the BX2812 plow and the connection looks the exact same as the V-Plow (albeit the bracket is slightly different).

You wouldn't need the BX2811 K-connect PTO system installed on the BX2810 hitch to use the V-plow since that is just for PTO usage.

How do you control the V-operation? Is it all electric? The straight BX2812 plow only has 1 hydraulic cylinder for left and right rotation so the loader handles all plow movement.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
control is electric over hydraulic...
that $1900(1/2 the pcost of complet unit...) valve assy is 2 double acting valves, so left wing in/out is separate from right wing in/out
up/dn control is from loader joystick

Reactions: 1 user

RedRiot15

Equipment
Bx2680 with many unnecessary options I just needed to have
Mar 5, 2023
Ontario Canada
I just bought the 2826 v plow this past weekend off a buddy It uses same k connect as the rest of the k connect attachments for the 80 series. The only down side I see is the third function activation you have to press a button for left or right on front of joystick for left or right blade and then a button on front you press for scoop or v back(when moving loader control left or right)

I actually built my own v plow before buying this one. I like how mine uses same third function button as loader does. Also if no button pressed my left side works and then press third function for the right blade

Attachments

RedRiot15

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Ontario Canada
The controller for the 2826 the top button when pressed does the left blade and the bottom button does the right blade (loader stick to left to angle left or right to angle right)
There is also a button on the back when you press it it allows you to either scoop or V the blade back in one control (press rear button then loader control to left to scoop and right to V back)

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am looking for the assembly, installation, and owner's manuals for the BX2826 V plow in PDF format. If you have any of these items, please send me a "conversation" and I will give you my email address where to send it to. I would like to see what is involved in assembling, etc. prior to purchasing the unit.
thanks, Dusty

RedRiot15

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Ontario Canada
I am looking for the assembly, installation, and owner's manuals for the BX2826 V plow in PDF format. If you have any of these items, please send me a "conversation" and I will give you my email address where to send it to. I would like to see what is involved in assembling, etc. prior to purchasing the unit.
thanks, Dusty
I bought the plow second hand (only 2 months old/like new). It is real easy to connect especially if you don’t have the app em 3rd function button on joystick.
Wiring harness It connects direct to the battery and then to key signal for relay under dash/By battery. Then run harnes up to lever handle (has quick connect plug) and then harness down to front of machine with one plug up front. V plow Connects to the standard k connect. I can switch between blade and blower quickly. I have a 3rd function valve for my loader and have made a harness adapter for my blower and v plow