BX2816 Snow Blower Question

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Today, I picked up a BX2816 snow blower for a friend, and it needs a new cutting edge. On this BX3816 snow blower, the cutting edge is mounted on the top side of the housing. I was looking at the similarities of the BX2816 blower, and my BX2750 snow blower, and noticed that on mine, the cutting edge is mounted on the bottom side of the housing. Is one of these blowers have the cutting edge on the wrong side of the housing, or did Kubota make a change in the mounting location on the BX2815 vs. the BX2750? I looked at the parts breakdown, and it shows the cutting edge for each the way that I have described, however, the orientation of the parts in the pictures is different, which leads me to this question. The part number for the cutting edge is the same on both blowers. thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Today, I changed the cutting edge, and after comparing my BX2750 blower, with the cutting edge on the top, and the BX2816 where the cutting edge is installed on the bottom, I realized why Kubota made the change. If you use a lot of down pressure on the snow blower, and wear the edge down severely, it is less likely that you are going to wear into the sheet metal of the blower as quickly as if the cutting edge were on the top. I also looked at the new housing that I purchased for another BX2750 that I built from a damaged unit that I purchased last winter, and that housing has the cutting edge located on the top. I will be removing the cutting edge from both of my blowers and reinstalling them on the bottom, just like the BX2816. I also like the way that Kubota has relocated the shoes from the rear of the blower to the leading edge of the side of the blower. This is an easy modification to make to the older blowers, since it is just drilling 2 holes in the side of the housing, and installing the shoes with 2 bolts.