BX2750 with BX2751 quick hitch

Love my BX24

Equipment
BX24 TBL, RCK54-23BX mower deck, BX2750 & BX2751 snow blower
Nov 19, 2022
Trent Hills, Ontario, Canada
I bought a used BX2750 snowblower with the quick hitch already attached. Can I install these together on to a BX24 or do I have to take them apart and install separately?
Also, is there some kind of hopper that I can put on the back to spread de-icer or sand?

Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You have to split them to install the quick hitch. One thing that might make your life easier in the future is before you split them, using a paint marker, mark the location of both the male and female part of the driveshafts on the snowblower and the quick hitch. At a quick glance, it looks like a square shaft, but in reality, it is actually a rectangular drive shaft and it will be a lot easier to assemble if you mark the top and bottom of each half. I speak from experience. In my case, I filed a notch on each part to make it easier for me. Grease all the points on the snowblower and the quick hitch before installation. Also once the driveshaft is installed, tug on it trying to pull it off. If you can, then it wasn't fully seated on the PTO shaft. Mistakes such as this can get expensive quickly.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just came across this video that might be of help to you even though the tractor is a different number than yours, everything is the same as yours including the snowblower. Also don't connect the shaft until the hitch is installed. It is a lot easier that way. One last thing, don't forget to grease the quick hitch rotating parts and also the rotating parts on the snowblower. Your choice as to what to use on the chain that drives the augers. I suggest removing the rear cover, inspecting the chain, and adjusting the tension on it. I use chain bar oil on the chain of my first snowblower, and I have read recently that some people are using Fluid Film on the chain of motorcycles with good success. If it is good enough for a motorcycle, then it should be good for your snowblower.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Love my BX24

Equipment
BX24 TBL, RCK54-23BX mower deck, BX2750 & BX2751 snow blower
Nov 19, 2022
Trent Hills, Ontario, Canada
I just came across this video that might be of help to you even though the tractor is a different number than yours, everything is the same as yours including the snowblower. Also don't connect the shaft until the hitch is installed. It is a lot easier that way. One last thing, don't forget to grease the quick hitch rotating parts and also the rotating parts on the snowblower. Your choice as to what to use on the chain that drives the augers. I suggest removing the rear cover, inspecting the chain, and adjusting the tension on it. I use chain bar oil on the chain of my first snowblower, and I have read recently that some people are using Fluid Film on the chain of motorcycles with good success. If it is good enough for a motorcycle, then it should be good for your snowblower.

Thanks. I watched this and it's very helpful. I need to take off the front guard before installing the hitch. Just another step to do while the snow is piling up outside! ;>)