Bx2680?

Mainiac12

Aug 18, 2018
Maine
Just pulled the trigger on a new bx2680. Got the front loader, 60 in mower, and 55 in front snowblower. New to tractors looking for advice on operating or your experience with this rig.
Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just pulled the trigger on a new bx2680. Got the front loader, 60 in mower, and 55 in front snowblower. New to tractors looking for advice on operating or your experience with this rig.
Thanks
run it .......like book says first 50 hours.... nice and easy....

then run it firm later......after 50 ......

never limp it;)

big thing.......keep bucket low;)

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
I've had a BX2680 for about a year. Great machine. Just like yours except for the snow blower. Two things I added to mine which improved performance are the Piranha Tooth Bar and Hodges Stabilizer Bars to replace the turn buckles. I also changed out the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours to SUDT2 and it really helped the hydro whine. My machine is used to take care of 8 acres and continues to amaze me. Have fun!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Good machine, you'll enjoy it.

Main advice I give new tractor owners (I'm now 2 years in, so some things I've learned, but still new enough to remember):

1. It's not a lawnmower, it's a proper machine. If you drive it into things it'll break them. Be really careful around your house, gates, fences, trees. The front end loader sticks out further than you think.

2. They're stable, but not as stable as you think. Momentum is not your friend, when you have weight on it go slowly, when you are on a steep angle go slowly. Lots of things that are safe at rest aren't safe at speed. Also be very careful turning

3. Keep the bucket low when you're not actively lifting something. It's lots of weight to have up high, it'll tip you over going around corners, going sideways on hills

4. Ballast the back when using the loader, you'll be able to lift more. The brakes don't work if your back wheels are off the ground....nor does the hydrostatic if you're in 2wd

5. Grease your loader and mower often. It's not hard, stops the joints wearing out

6. When you mow take the FEL off. Less weight on the lawn, machine feels much more nimble

7. If you're doing any serious work get some revs on the machine. It's made to run all day at target revs (3200 or thereabouts), you won't hurt it by using it

8. Buy lots of implements. Birthdays and christmas sorted for the next 3 years.

9. Keep it under cover, or under a tarp. Sun is not helpful to hoses and plastics - things like your seat.

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
Totally agree with what PaulL said, I've learned many of the same lessons.

I'll put emphasis on the fact that you have no front brakes so in 2WD you're relying solely on the rear tires having traction; a lesson I learned the hard way recently when I got careless.
Never get careless and enjoy the new toy, I meant tool! I've got about 180 hours on my BX2680 and absolutely love the thing.

Mainiac12

Aug 18, 2018
Maine
Thanks for he tips. I’ve got about 16 acres and a driveway that’s about 1600 ft long. I was going back and forth between the b series and bx. I ultimately went with bx because of the size would allow it to fit in the garage. Should be delivered by the end of next week. Can’t wait I’ve been mowing about 8 acres with my 10 year old cub cadet 42 inch lawn mower.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I also changed out the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours to SUDT2 and it really helped the hydro whine.
Interesting result, I would have expected there to be SUDT2 in there for a start, but I guess they "may" come crated with no oil and it's up to the dealer to add oil, and UDT is a suitable fill and cheaper, so perhaps a possibility?

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Interesting result, I would have expected there to be SUDT2 in there for a start, but I guess they "may" come crated with no oil and it's up to the dealer to add oil, and UDT is a suitable fill and cheaper, so perhaps a possibility?
I can't answer your question about factory oil fill. Being an engineer I tend to the conservative side when it comes to fluids and machinery. The machine definitely is quieter after the fluid change.

Mainiac12

Aug 18, 2018
Maine
Was delivered on Friday morning was able to get some seat time today about 5hrs. Mowed lawn and took loader on and off a couple times....pretty slick. Awesome little machine....no sure what I’m going to put in the ballast box for weight. I’m thinking sand.

Attachments

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I’ve been mowing about 8 acres with my 10 year old cub cadet 42 inch lawn mower.
Yikes! Makes my butt hurt just thinking about that!

Congrat's on the new machine. I recommend a nice big ZTR to go with it! ;)