BX2680 Oil Change

TRUCK3

May 5, 2022
Upstate NY
I'm ready to start the fluid changes on my new to me BX2680. Anyone have the torque values for the engine oil and hydro drain plugs? I don't have a service manual yet and I'm having trouble finding anything specific on the web. Torque specs on my cars/trucks are in the 18 to 30 ftlb range on the oil drain plug. I picked up a new washer with the filter and oil and it looks like a plain washer vs. a crush washer type, so I assume that wouldn't require much in the way of torque.

Back in the day I didn't torque much at all - now it seems like I try to find a torque spec on everything.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Looks like a WSM can be had here. https://kubotabooks.com/

I don't torque them, but just get them snug.

With so many aluminum pans/components anymore, probably torque is the safer bet....🧐

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have never in over 60 years torqued a drain plug. Just tighten it and you are done. The filter is hand tight after contact with the lubricated gasket, so unless you have hands like a gorilla with the strength to match, hand tight is all it needs. If you need a workshop manual to change oil, then you might be better off leaving it for the dealer to do!

Reactions: 1 user