Bx2670

funfarm

May 16, 2015
Shippennsburg PA
I am new to the compact tractor market and after a few months of research and a few visits to some of the local dealers we have ALMOST decided on the Kubota BX2370.Other considerations were the New Holland Boomer and John Deere 1023E but after visiting the dealers I just feel the Kubota is the best fit for me. I do have a question about MMM's, I am considering a 48" deck because our yard is more like a obstacle course than a lawn with lots of tight spots,there are several places I am reasonably sure the 54" deck will not fit. The dealer has assured me the 48" deck will fit under the 2370 with a couple of inches of overhang on each side.My question is. Anyone have a 2370 with the 48" deck? Will I be happy with this configuration? Advice and opinions are welcome and appreciated.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I didnt know they made a 48" but wasnt looking either. Anyways the tractor is about roughly 48", so you couldnt get super close to anything without rubbing it, with your tires and fenders. But you know what you need.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am new to the compact tractor market and after a few months of research and a few visits to some of the local dealers we have ALMOST decided on the Kubota BX2370.Other considerations were the New Holland Boomer and John Deere 1023E but after visiting the dealers I just feel the Kubota is the best fit for me. I do have a question about MMM's, I am considering a 48" deck because our yard is more like a obstacle course than a lawn with lots of tight spots,there are several places I am reasonably sure the 54" deck will not fit. The dealer has assured me the 48" deck will fit under the 2370 with a couple of inches of overhang on each side.My question is. Anyone have a 2370 with the 48" deck? Will I be happy with this configuration? Advice and opinions are welcome and appreciated.
The machine if it has an FEL is 49" wide......I do not think they make a 48" - I could be wrong, but that is a mighty big tractor for a 48" deck - ok - not a really big tractor...:D:D:D But 6" would make that big of a difference???

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have a BX 2360 with a 60 inch deck and I cut around everything around the house and shrubs and such,, if your really tight a 54 would work well, Like 85 said your bucket is wider then the deck, also I cant find anything on a 48 inch deck for this mdl. they only list 54 and 60

funfarm

May 16, 2015
Shippennsburg PA
you are correct ! they advertise the the 1870 with the option of a 48 or 54 inch deck and the 2370/ 2670 with the option of a 54 or a 60 but the dealer says the 48 will fit under the 2370 no problem,I just hope this would not be a decision I would regret later, and I would not be mowing with the FEL on so that should not be an issue.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
you are correct ! they advertise the the 1870 with the option of a 48 or 54 inch deck and the 2370/ 2670 with the option of a 54 or a 60 but the dealer says the 48 will fit under the 2370 no problem,I just hope this would not be a decision I would regret later, and I would not be mowing with the FEL on so that should not be an issue.
FF,

I wonder if your dealer would allow you to borrow a test mower, I really think the 54 will suit your needs better.........

the nice thing about the 60 is that when you run up against a fence line , no tires are pressing against the fence!:)

There are places in my yard that a 60,54...hell even a 48 or 36 will not cut!!!! I have to use a trimmer to get into the area. But cutting with a deck that is 5 feet wide is amazing! I have a rider that has a 46 in cut - and it seems the 60 is soooo much faster !

Weigh out your options carefully - I think you might regret the 48.....if you get it or ever sell your unit or trade it.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
My yard in places is an obstacle course as well. I have a 54" deck on a similar size Green tractor and have been very pleased with the performance. The deck is a little wider than the tractor so if anything gets bumped or scratched its the deck.

funfarm

May 16, 2015
Shippennsburg PA
Thanks for all the advice and opinions, went back to the dealer again and spoke with them, he said it was really a matter of personal preference, they sold a 2370 about a month ago with a 48 inch deck and said the customer seems to be happy with it. he did slide a 48 under a 2370 for me too look at it will certainly be tight around the flower beds and such but I guess If I run over some of the wife's flowers that's one less thing I have to worry about next time. so I think I'm going to do it, BX2370 with a FEL and 48 inch MMM again thanks for the advice and I am sure I will have more questions when I get my little orange baby home.

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
Make sure you check your front axle oil. BX's are known to be very low from the factory/dealer. The dealer should have checked it before delivery but there is a good chance they didn't.

funfarm

May 16, 2015
Shippennsburg PA
Thanks for the advice pap, checked the front axle and all is well, finally got some rain and the chance to mow for the first time,love it. 48 inch deck works great but it is close on the trim work, seems I am having more issues with the width of the tractor and the ROPS than the deck itself is creating. solving that problem one limb at a time. yes Marty, time for implements.just have to decide what I want first, I think we have created a monster. Love my little tractor !