BX25D work lights?

mike-o

Equipment
BX25D, 60" MMM, Land Pride 48"Box Blade
Jul 27, 2013
SW PA
I have a set of quartz driving lights taking up space in the garage, thinking they would make a decent set of work lights on the ROPS. Would these be too much for the elec. system, and where should I grab the power for them.

Thanks in advance!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
You have nothing to lose by trying them unless they're of a higher wattage tham the ones I've played with (55W each = under 10A to run). If the load is too heavy the fuse should take care of that.

The one problem I had with driving lights was the light pattern. They were more than bright enough but they had more of a spot pattern. Flood pattern work lights worked a lot better. Good heavy duty switches or relays should be used.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
On the B series theres a fused hotwire under the back edge of the right fender ( 2 empty bullett connectors one will be black =grd the other some striped color is the +) thats known as the worklight curcuit, you might have one too?
Look at your fuseblock and see if you have a fuse labeled worklight.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
On the BX, look at your 3 point lift arm....left one if looking from rear, find black electrical tape, pull it off slowly, there are two wires there! Or you can run a wire back to the battery - get some wire loom and run it where mother nature cannot get tangled in it! If run back to the battery - go get a fuse junction box, about 10 bucks, bring a nice big wire to the junction box and now you can have multiple tie in places for other goodies.

mike-o

Equipment
Jul 27, 2013
SW PA
On the BX, look at your 3 point lift arm....left one if looking from rear, find black electrical tape, pull it off slowly, there are two wires there! Or you can run a wire back to the battery - get some wire loom and run it where mother nature cannot get tangled in it! If run back to the battery - go get a fuse junction box, about 10 bucks, bring a nice big wire to the junction box and now you can have multiple tie in places for other goodies.
Is this circuit switched w/ the lights, or hot when the tractor is on? I have the relay & switch for the lights (55w). I will proble end up with LED's, but for right now, these will do. Have a bit of digging to do, and not enough hours of daylight - figure these would be better than nothing. Thanks to everyone for the replies!

Mike

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
My b series is on with the ign. switch , I'm told the kubota add on lights have a switch on the light. It is a fused circuit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mike-o

Equipment
Jul 27, 2013
SW PA
Got the lights wired & mounted. As an FYI, the work light circuit on the BX is always hot, found that out when the LED on the switch came on as soon as I plugged the harness in. luckily the main disconnect in my harness is easy to get to! Wiring is just temporary for now, will do a neater better job when I have the time to take the BH off. I probably will go with LED floods in the future, but for now I have LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D